Simple Rose Nail Art & OOTD

As I'm writing this I'm trying to pull myself together after reading a post about a young New Zealand girl who recently lost her battle with cancer. Absolutely awful, I can't imagine the pain the people who knew her are feeling. It's totally irrelevant to this post, but I had to mention it. Cancer sucks.

On a more happier note, I have this summery dress that I've been wearing quite a bit, and I finally got around to matching my nails to it. I really love the way they turned out, super cute but not too much, either. I wore them on my first week of nail school, which was kind of cool!


Here's a comparison of the dress and the nails. It was quite unusual for me, only doing the nail art on the feature nails. I just didn't feel like spending ages doing them, and sometimes simple is better. I initially had a pink polish on my index and pinky fingers, but changed it to a nude which I liked much better. Matches my pasty white skin! 


 Giulia asked for a tutorial for these, and that's what I ended up doing today! Although to be honest, they look completely different - I switched the colours all around. Doesn't really matter though, the technique is pretty much the same. And the technique for doing these is so easy! Can't wait to show you the video, keep an eye out for it on my YouTube channel, here. Speaking of which, I'm coming up to 3000 subscribers, which is so amazing! Thank you so much if you're subscribed to me!


The nail polishes I used were:
Revlon - Temptress
Revlon - First Class
OPI - Did you 'ear about Van Gogh?
Ozotic - Mr Big in White
Ozotic - Mr Big in Black
Jordana Pop Art - Contemporary White
Jordana - Rich Green
Jordana - Sweet Orange
China Glaze - Lemon Fizz
Maybelline Color Show - Pinkalicious


 Hope you like these cute little flowery nails I've matched to my outfit! It's a new thing I'm trying to do - clothes can provide some awesome inspiration. If you've ever matched your nails to your clothes feel free to leave a link to your blog post about it down below - I'll allow link spamming this one time!

Comments

  1. Great inspiration! It matches your dress perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the nude works well with this! The flowers look just like your dress and I love them as an accent nail! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥