Floral Anchor Nail Art + Tutorial

Ages ago, I did some Floral Anchor nail art on myself (scroll down to see it in this blog post), and I had several requests for a tutorial. I've put it off for a while as I've been a bit busy, but when Live4Polish asked if we could do a bestie twin manicure on Instagram, I decided to recreate it and make a tutorial. You can see what she came up with for her version of this theme here! And of course, here's my nail design.


The tutorial is below, and please subscribe to my channel - almost at 9,000 now ☺.



As you can see, on the thumb, index and pinky fingers I applied a stud, which I got from KKCenterHk. I reviewed them ages ago, here, and you can buy them here.
The rest of the polish was a mix of different brands, and the technique to create the roses was really very easy, as you'll see in the video. Just a few swirls! This design was partially inspired by the talented Celine of Celine Does Nails - you can see her design here.


The names of the polishes I used are:
China Glaze - Grape Pop
Essie - Go Ginza
Jordana - Rich Green
Jordana - Sweet Orange
Picture Polish - Beige
Picture Polish - Wisteria
Revlon - Alluring Amber
Revlon - Hot For Chocolate
Sinful Colors - Envy
Sinful Colors - Snow Me White


I'm squeezing in this blog post in-between rushing around packing boxes and selling furniture - we only have a few days left in this house! Leaving here is the first step in our adventure of going to Auckland; we're house sitting for six weeks, then staying in Palmy a few more weeks (I'm bridesmaid and Chris is groomsman for a friend's wedding) and then we're finally off to the big city. It's completely terrifying and completely exhilarating at the same time. Both of us have lived in the same town all our life, and our everything is here; both our families, our friends, our history... our security, really. It's going to be really sad to go, but I'm also so excited to finally get there. It's strange getting rid of everything; we're selling almost all of our furniture and starting again up there, as it's too much hassle to transport everything. So if my updates are a little spasmotic for the next week or two, that'll be why!


Back to the nails, I'm really happy with how they turned out, and it seems that everyone else likes them too. I'd like to experiment a bit more with anchors - I think they make such a cool feature nail!


Let me know what you think of these nails, and I'll talk to you again in a couple of days - I've got some nail art based on a chocolate milk obsession that's swept New Zealand!



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥