Easter nail art - inspired by Robin Moses!

I decided it was time for some "proper" nail art. I've done heaps of designs lately that are within my comfort zone, and it was time for a challenge! As I often do in these circumstances, I turned to Robin Moses. She has so many awesome tutorials and they're all so original and unique! I tried out her "Easter bunny in grass with hidden eggs" design, which I'll embed further down. It was the first time I've used acrylic paint on my nails properly, and this time I loved it!


It was a very messy process though! Check out my hand when I was finally finished with the acrylic paint!


I kept wiping the brush on my hand to try get the extra paint off :P. 
Overall today's experience was much better than any other time I've tried using acrylics. Why? Because I thinned it down! I have heaps of paint anyway because I like to paint things other than my nails from time to time (crazy, I know) but I previously thought it was useless for this because it wasn't thin enough. I was planning to one day spend heaps of money on thinner acrylic paint, but it turns out you can just add water and it's fine! So stoked, I can see myself doing this heaps now. 

The problem with nail polish is that it kind of pools, and can be rather badly behaved. Acrylic is much better, it allows you to get the fine lines (like the grass) I could never get with polish! Here's my little pallet after I was done. OH MY GOD I just realised that I can wash it! I won't waste as much plastic! That's another problem with nail polish, once it's on something it's not coming off! I have ruined bowels, jeans, mugs, duvets and probably much more over the last year...


Here's Robin's original design! Hers is much better than mine, but I'm okay with that :).


My rabbit's a lot different - I accidentally did something in the wrong order which meant I had to try squeeze the rabbit on a nail that already had two eggs on it. I tried to make it standing up instead.


Here's the tutorial! It's amazing to watch her paint!



Here's a bit of a close up...


Here's the right hand, it has a little egg basket instead of a rabbit :).


And that's it! It took ages - about two hours, but it'll get quicker each time I do it. Not that I'm planning to do it again until at least next Easter, haha. My nails are getting long, by the way! I even gardened for three hours today and they didn't get even slightly hurt! Yay for gloves and strong nails :).

I painted two of my friend's nails the other day - much simpler designs though! The first one is kind of eastery too, like an easter egg pattern. It's inspired by PackaPunchPolish's design.


And the second was just super girly. I love that pink! It's a Sally Hansen one... not sure of the exact name but if you're interested, just ask!


Hope you like my Easter nails and these two little designs! I'm keen to get more into complicated designs that challenge me now - let me know if you see something you think I should try!

Comments

  1. que bonitas te han quedado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! If I'm ever in your area I am so booking in a nail art mani ;) Hope the clients are starting to come in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do your nails! I keep going back and forth about whether I want to try get it going - I don't have any qualifications so not much to stand on. :/

      Delete
  3. amazing, Robin will be proud of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job, I love how it turns out! ^^ And Robin surely has one of the most creative nail arts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, I have a new plan to do as many of her designs as possible!

      Delete
  5. You did an amazing job with your Easter nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Robin Moses! And I love your version of her Easter nails as well :) Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of the best Easter designs I've seen yet! I just love all the details in it, and props to you for having the courage to take on a Robin Moses tutorial! I've tried and failed miserably!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! I was a bit scared but it paid off, didn't it? Thanks :)

      Delete
  8. Love it!! The Bunnies are so cute *-*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it's your first time with acrylics, you did it reaaaally cute and sweet!! And I'm sure you'll be an addict since this hahahaha
    Good job <3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! And I totally am, don't know if I'll ever go back to pure polish for these kinds of designs!

      Delete
  10. gorgeous manicure, going to try this for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally awesome, Jessie. You're an incredible artist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥