DIY Light Box | Tutorial, Care & How To Use


I remember when I first started blogging; pictures were a constant problem! I was running around the house trying to get the best lighting, and none of it was good. Too dark, too light, too yellow, too blue. That was until I learned how to make a light box, and bought a decent light. I followed Chalkboard Nails' tutorial, and now that I've made many and worked out all the kinks, I decided to film a tutorial video for it. I also included some tips on how to look after it (feed and water regularly) and how to take photos using it. It honestly makes such a difference to your photos - I've included a couple of comparison examples in the video. Please subscribe to my channel!




Of course, light boxes (or light cubes) aren't just for nail bloggers. They're great for blogging about make-up or other small items, and for taking photos of products to sell online. I personally have a foldable light-tent, now, but I'll still keep this one around. There are pros and cons to both of them, but that's another blog post!


Hope you found this video useful - and if you're a blogger and haven't made one of these yet, do it! You'll be amazed at how much better your photos and whole blog looks because of it.

Comments

  1. Very helpful tutorial! I made one myself but I'm still working out some issues with it. I don't think my lighting is enough since the photos I take are still kind of dark or has redness to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have mentioned that I still do edit my photos on the computer afterwards, to make sure the colours and brightness are right. And I still don't get it perfect. Keep playing around and you'll get there!

      Delete
  2. I also use a foldable tent, it's much more sturdy and 2 or 3 lamps, there's no such thing as too much light :p. Loved that ring lamp...never seen anything like it here, I'll check on eBay.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love that I can just grab my light tent and go, it is a massive bonus. And yes I love my ring light!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥