Katy Perry Nail Art | Roar

I'm quite a fan of Katy Perry, especially the song "Roar." It's just so inspiring!

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar

So when I got these tiger water decals to review from Born Pretty Store, I knew I had to turn them into "Roar" nails. And here they are!


Special mention to the tiger that's so fiercely burping sparkles. Minty fresh tiger breath?

Here's the packet the water decals came in. As you can see, I only used one tiger in this manicure but I think it added quite a lot to it; gives the impression of more detail than there is.


If you don't know what water decals are or how to apply them, check out my last post about them here.


To do these nails, I first painted my nails white. Then I sponged orange on - this meant that the nails that were fully covered had the same density of polish as the ones where it faded to white. I painted on the stripes (colours listed soon), the text and added the decal. Lastly, I added little glitters around the writing and by the tiger's mouth. Quite unique tiger stripe nails! I normally avoid doing animal print these days - I've done it too much in the past, but this was a cool twist on it.



The polishes I used were:
Revlon - Alluring Amber
Literary Lacquers - Two at the Very Most
Jordana - White

I also used black and white acrylic paint in this design.


As I said before, these decals were from Born Pretty Store, and if you want some of your own you can buy them here! They're $2.86, very cheap and like everything else on BPS it's with free shipping. I honestly love that online store, I buy way too much from them though!

I also have a discount code that you can use to get 10% off your purchase - just put in CEL91 at the checkout and it'll save you a few cents ☺.


Hope you like my Katy Perry nails! I really should do some more celebrity-inspired ones - Justin Beiber ones could be prison-themed, perhaps? Or Miley-inspired tongue ones... ;P.

*This product was provided to me for honest review by Born Pretty Store*

Comments

  1. Wow! this is awesome ! the glitters in front of the tiger is really cute !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I love the song Roar! These decals are so detailed too! I think it's a great idea to do some more celebrity - inspired nails! It would be interesting to see what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect match with the song! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this review. I now know how big the tiger faces are. It's so hard to judge just by looking at the photos in the advertisement. I'm going to buy at least 3 of these. Absolutely adore Tigger, and tigers are one of my favourite cats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥