Bumblebee nails!

Wow, I did these a whole month ago today! I meant to publish them about the same time as I posted my ladybird nails, but I completely lost the photos. I ended up finding them in a folder deep in my computer, phew - so here they are! Not one of my more complicated or well-done designs, but as my purpose was just to entertain the kids at work I was happy with them! 

Here's my first attempt at bumblebee stripes, by the way! Bit of a difference!


To do this bumblebee nail art I used: 
China Glaze - Sunshine pop 
China Glaze - Ink 
Revlon - Metallic
China Glaze - White on White

I just painted them yellow, painted on the black parts and finished off the detail with silver and white.


Random fact - I actually hate bees. I'm almost 23 years old and whenever a bee appears I have to try my very hardest not to scream and run around like a crazy person. I've been stung seven times, most of them just bad luck! Although the last time was probably 10 years ago now.


 I'm anxiously waiting for some nail mail - I wish the courier would get it's act together!! It was meant to arrive a week ago and I'm so behind schedule!

Anyone here watch Game of Thrones? I read what happened in the latest episode (season 3 episode 8, I think) and am traumatised. I'm now boycotting that program until I have moved on from this latest tragedy, and that may take a while :'(. I'm only up to the first book so I had no idea it was going to happen!

Comments

  1. SO CUTE. I wanna try these =3

    I can't watch GoT because I read the books and Jon Snow is such a wangsty mouthbreather in the show. Also yes, there are many points that are extremely traumatising...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that is an awesome description. I've always liked Jon on the show, but I've barely started the series so maybe I'll change my mind...

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! They're so cute!

    I can't believe you've been stung 7 times! I've never been stung (touch wood) and I'm terrified in case I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow, I can't believe you've never been stung! It's not actually that bad... but still not pleasant :).

      Delete
  3. These are so stinkin ADORABLE! I have been tempted the past few manicures to do bumble bees but I wanted to wait a bit longer. I still have to do the ladybugs too!!! I love that you added the wings too, I dont think I've seen that before. Maybe I have and am just blanking.

    And i'm 24 and petrified of bees. I FREAK out! My friend told me that the more you freak, the more attracted to you the bee is, but I can't bring myself to be calm. Especially since I'm allergic. lol. Cute bees on the nails though, totally not scary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're a fun design to do, you should totally do some!
      Oh I know what you mean, I always freak out and run even though everyone tells me to freeze. Doesn't make any sense to me, I'd much rather try to out-run it, haha. I'm not allergic though, at least - poor you!

      Delete
  4. Aww these are extremely adorable!!! Love them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love game of thrones episode 9 is amazing but violent. Your nail design is super cute;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you're right it's the ninth one. I still haven't watched it! I refuse until I've caught up in the books. And thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥