Water marble nail art tutorial.

This is the first time I've actually well and truly succeeded at water marbling! And I got it on camera as well! I've managed to get away with average water marble before by painting over the yucky parts and adding dots, but this just worked fantastically. It really is all about the polish, I have to say. I've got the Color Show collection from Maybelline to play around with at the moment, and the first thing I noticed was how wonderfully thin the mixture was! Maybe it's normal, but I haven't had new nail polish in months and it is just amazing! I knew I had to give water marbling a shot and I'm so glad I did!

I put together a five minute YouTube video with tips, tricks and a tutorial for this design :).


As I mentioned, these colours are all from the Maybelline Color show collection. There are 25 amazing colours to choose from and I honestly love them all! I'll be doing a swatching/review post next weekend of all the colours.



The ones I used in this manicure were:
Porcelain Party
Coral Crush
Clear
Chiffon Chic
Iced queen
Green with envy



In case you're curious, here are some of my earlier water marbling attempts. Some were good, some were okay, some were terrible...





Aren't the bottles cute as well? So modern and attractive! They only hold 7mL but to be honest, I like that. While I prefer big bottles of whites, blacks, base and top coats because I go through them so fast, you rarely (if ever) completely use up a normal polish. If it's too big I find it just gets gluggy and wasted.


Anyway, I hope you like my little tutorial and water marble design! I have a patchwork picture tutorial coming soon and then a sunset gradient YouTube one. Yay!

Facebook - YouTube - Tumblr

*The nail polish used in this design was provided to me for honest review by Maybelline*

Comments

  1. That's a perfect marbling, very pretty! Nice colours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still a little in shock that it worked out so well!

      Delete
  2. such an awesome combo! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really well, the colours go great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The colours look amazing together! Great tutorial too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them they turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours and perrrrrfffect water marble! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, so gorgeous! I'm going to watch your tutorial and attempt it again sometime soon, and hope mine don't come out like fails again, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥