How to do gradient nails + tropical sunset!

These nails were a happy surprise. I set off to make a "how to do gradient nails" tutorial on YouTube, but they turned into something more as I added palm trees and birds! Not my best work, but considering how spur-of-the-moment they were I'm satisfied :). 




I used five polishes from Maybelline New York's Color Show collection for this design. I'm finding them really good to work with! From left to right, they are:
Porcelain Party
Coral Crush
Onyx Rush
Iced Queen
Clear
I love how many pastel cremes are in this collection - my fav!



I cannot say Onyx. Or Chiffon. I'm terrible. When I was a little girl I read ALL the time, and I think it kind of hindered my ability to talk, haha.


I should point out that some people may call these ombre nails. The difference between the two terms are kind of confusing - but from what I understand, ombre is when the colour(s) change to another in the same colour group, while gradients simply when two + colours are merged together like in this design. Correct me if I'm wrong though!



Hope you like this design  and my tutorial for it! 

On a side note, normally I'd be at work today but I was up at 3am this morning vomiting :(. I think I got it from one of the kids at work. Yaaay. I feel much better now though, but my tummy's still sore and I've got a headache. Plus I'd be contagious. Kind of gutted though, I haven't been there long enough to get sick pay yet so no $$$ for me! And it's just been the weekend and I kind of miss everyone - how weird is that? They were so nice when I rang in sick, I don't think I've ever had someone genuinely tell me that they hope I'm feeling better soon in that situation. Normally it's just short answers and an undertone of "why can't you suck it up?" I love my new job :).

Facebook - YouTube - Tumblr

*The nail polish used in this design was provided to me for honest review by Maybelline*

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! <3 I do hope you feel better soon (:

    I myself am always confused about the ombre/gradient thing, and it really matters when you want to label your manis! I think you are correct about the labeling...but usually when I'm unsure I always read the-swatchaolic's blog for the definition! hehe. Her explanations and illustrations do help loads for us bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling much better, thank you! Oh I really must read that blog more often, I'm not so great at all the different terms :).

      Delete
  2. They're beautiful. What is the maybelline topcoat like for long wear? Or does it chip easily?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, so far! It's not quick-dry but it's lasted really well.

      Delete
    2. Great! I may have to invest in a bottle! Have you thought about doing a post just for topcoats? I'd be very interested!

      Delete
  3. this is amazing! what do you think of these polishes? i am very tempted by some of them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! So far they all seem to be one-two coaters, even the white! I'll review them all properly next weekend :).

      Delete
  4. It's beautiful!! I loved it +.+

    ReplyDelete
  5. this design is soo cool :D hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tutorial, also the music background! :-) Great manicure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep reusing the same song because I like it more than the others, plus it's just sitting there in my folder :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥