Roses and checkered nail art

Here's some more nail art that I've done using Maybelline NY Color Show polishes! Yes, I'm seriously in love with this collection, don't judge me. 

I wanted to try out some of the darker colours as I had mostly just played around with the pastels in my previous Color Show manis. I'm quite happy with the results! If I do this design again I would use a lighter red though, and maybe have more white checkers.



I'm not at home, so not sure of all the colours I used... but I think they were:
Audacious Asphalt
Onyx Rush 
Porcelain Party
Ummm... I'll try to remember to add in the other colours tomorrow!




I'm quite happy with how the roses turned out! It was the first time I tried outlining them and it's inspired me to try this technique again, but next time making them more the focus of the manicure, in lighter colours and maybe a bit bigger, too.


In other news, YAY IT'S FRIDAY! I appreciate my weekends so much more now that I work so much during the week! I'm going to have a weekend filled with nail polish - I'm painting my young cousin and her friend's nails for her birthday party on Saturday and will be spending the rest of my time getting through some reviews and maybe catching up with some friends. I'll try squeeze in some time with my husband too! 
What are you doing this weekend?

Comments

  1. Really like these! Really original and modern. Gonna try them out at one point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'd love to see them if you do!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥