BPS Holographic nail polish - #8 Bright Blue

Born Pretty Store has a bunch of pretty new holographic polishes to try out - their own brand! I thought they looked pretty cool, so I got a couple to review. Today I've got a blue one to show you!


I don't usually wear a lot of holographic, glittery or otherwise non-standard (creme) nail polish. This is because I almost always have nail art and I like the colours to be consistent, not one sparkly and others not. 

However, I found that this nail polish is the right mix between too different and not different enough. My rather fussy self decided that it was good enough to team up with some nail art, which is what I did! Nothing too complicated, just some simple stripes but I think they look nice with this colour. I imagine leopard print or zebra stipes would look good, too!

Here's a swatch of the Born Pretty holographic polish by itself.


The nail polish went on well - it seemed like a good-quality lacquer, and needed about two coats, three if you apply it thinly. You could also put it over black, white or blue and get slightly different effects.


The only downside is that it is quite pricey. Born Pretty Store has free shipping, which is good but the usual $12.88 US is a bit more than I like to pay for nail polish, especially if it's a brand I haven't tried out before. On the upside, Born Pretty is always having sales - there's one on at the moment! They're down to $5.59 US, which is a lot more reasonable. And of course, they have free shipping so you don't have to worry about extras like that.

If you want to buy some of this nail polish, you can find it here. Use my Born Pretty Store coupon - CEL91 for 10% off as well!




I hope this review was helpful! I wish I had some better photos but sun is rare in the middle of winter, and I'll take what I can get!

*This product was provided to me for honest review from Born Pretty Store*

Comments

  1. Middle of winter? Its a sweltering 27 degrees here! I love this polish and think the plain stripes look great :) i might have to invest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous! It's 10 degrees and raining here at the moment. Haaaate winter :(. And thanks, it's a great polish!

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty holographic blue polish! I agree with you about the price, I don't think I'd pay that much for it either. I love the nail art you've done over the top, it's so simple but stands out really well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a bit steep. Good on special though! Thanks :D

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blue holo! :-) I love your nail art! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this one and I was really surprised at how nice it was! It's definitely a tiny bottle for the whopping $12 but for $6 I was all in =3 I like your stripes! I'm gonna have to use this as a base for art one day too ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'll probably grab myself a few more of their polishes after liking this one so much. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Ikr!!! It takes me like a million photos to get one good one right now. Cute simple mani, love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo frustrating, isn't it?! And thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥