The Edge Social Games - my entry! (includes nail art, promise)

This is a bit of a different post. First up, I have had the most amazing weekend. I've been feeling a bit blah lately at not having time to do much blogging (and when I do it's not to a particularly high standard). But I had Friday off and it made all the difference! I've spent the last three days making videos, writing blog posts, spending time with friends and family and re-designing my nail room! But that'll be the next post...

Yesterday I was browsing facebook when I saw a post for something called "The Edge Social Games." It's was clearly a take off The Hunger Games, so that intrigued me - I'm a huge Hunger Games fan! Turns out it's a competition run by a New Zealand radio station called The Edge. 10 people from different "districts" in the country are put in a house for three weeks with web cam surveillance. Best part? The prize is $20,000... oh what I could do with that money. Now,  these games are all about social media, as you need to get votes in order to stay in the house. Hmm, social media, voting, the internet... sounds like me!

I spent most of today filming and editing this video; my audition. I don't know what they'll think of it but I've given it my best shot and that's all that really matters! Even if you're not in New Zealand, it's a video all about me so if you're interested, give it a watch!



As you can see at the end of the video, I quickly whipped up some nails that related to this competition. I used some nail tattoos that Harriet from Nailhilism gave me ages ago for the lettering, and added in some random tribal/aztec-like patterns. Not my best but I'm hoping it'll make me more memorable to those making the picks!

Now, I have a confession to make.
You see that P? It doesn't really look like a P, does it? No, it looks more like a D, but you can just get away with it. Well, that's debateable. Earlier, it had a really short "stick" and looked just like a D. My friend pointed out that my nails casually said "dick me" and that is really not the impression I was going for!

 I had already taken photos at this stage and it was getting too dark to take more - so my confession is that I photoshopped the D into a P. Haha, not a very scandalous confession but just imagine if my friend hadn't pointed that out! I was so oblivious to it! I work with children - tomorrow I would have gone to work and asked them to read what was on my nails and they'd say... oh cringe, I can't even think of that! I'm going to change them anyway, they still look terrible!



So these are my Social Games nails. I really, really, really, really, really want to win. I tried sooo hard making this video and I had to re-start my computer twice because it was playing up! Then my video was twice as long as it should be and everything was going wrong... but I persevered, and I'm quite happy with how it worked out!

Fingers crossed!



Wish me luck! This'll probably all come to nothing but hey, it made today enjoyable :).


Follow on Bloglovin

Facebook ♥ YouTube ♥ Tumblr

Comments

  1. YOU'RE SO CUTE OMG. I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha WHY do people keep saying that? But thanks :D

      Delete
  2. Lolz I was very, VERY confused because I thought it was a 'd'... :P I'll be voting for youuu! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you win! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥