Sunset and Palm Tree Nails | Trip Down Nail Art Lane Day 7

It's the last day of the Trip Down Nail Art Lane challenge! Today's prompt is "the one which got you a lot of compliments." My most complimented designs are really intricate ones such as Beauty and the Beast, these Tribal nails and Cinderella, which turned out to be a bit of a problem. I didn't want to spend three hours re-painting them and I didn't want to repeat them, so I just chose another popular design I've done. I originally did this manicure as part of a review of Maybelline Color Show polishes, which you can see here. It also includes a tutorial!


I really love this design! Here's a picture of the old version of it for comparison. As you can see, I focused more on the palm trees in the new one and gave the leaves more detail.


Nail polish used:
Maybelline Color Show - Coral Crush
Maybelline Color Show - Iced Queen
Jordana - White
Jordana - Black


I'm quite happy with the way it turned out - makes me want to go on holiday. Pity it's only January :(.


I think the ombre or gradient design on nails is one of my favourites. Looks so much more flawless with quite a simple technique!


And that's another challenge completed. Seven day ones are awesome; still a bit of pressure but nothing like the 31 day ones. I'll have to keep an eye out for others. Thanks heaps to Moonshine and Sunlight for hosting this challenge ☺.

Comments

  1. I love both versions! They remind me of going on holiday and the colours for the gradient are so nice together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. both versions are gorgeous! Your nail art is amazing x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥