Monarch butterfly nails

Butterflies are so beautiful!
I've seen these around the internet for months now, but have avoided doing them as I think they are better suited for longer nails. But I decided to give them a try today anyway, as I recently got two new oranges that I thought would look nice as a gradient in the background. 
Here's what I came up with!



I've also seen them done in pink, purple and my personal favourite, turquoise! But since these are my first attempt I decided to keep it natural.

The colours I used were:
Jordana - Orangesicle (943)
Jordana - Sweet Orange (972)
MIKI - Can't find a name so uhh... black.
Jordana - White (090)

I used a dotting tool for the white dots and a couple of different brushes for the black stripes.
I really like both these brands, and they're super cheap! Even the older ones I have haven't gotten all clumpy or anything :)

I have a new nail art hero - Nail Nerd. She is actually amazing - check out these Winnie the Pooh nails, they're incredible, and hand-painted! 


Comments

  1. These are gorgeous! I've always really wanted to try this look, but never got around to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love butterfly manis, it's one of my favourite designs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥