Liebster Award and Naked nails!

Twice this week I've been given a "Liebster award," so I've decided I should probably play the game and do it, even if it does remind me a little of a chain letter. According to The Painted Pony, "the Liebster Award is passed along to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to help them promote themselves and congratulate them on coming this far!"



Here's how it works:
1) The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves.
2) The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver.
3) The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer.
4) These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award.
5) They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)

Eleven fun facts about me:
1.  I'm really OCD about itunes - I need to have all my music with the correct names, rated from 1-5 stars and played at least once. It just doesn't feel right otherwise!
2.  I love animals. I had a million different ones growing up including a pig, goats, heaps of guinea pigs and rabbits. Now I only have a cat, two guinea pigs and two fish - and I like it that way.
3. My relationship with my husband means EVERYTHING to me. He does and will always come first in my life. Also, we got married young, but are going to last.
4. Before I started nail art I hated having long nails. They were always really short and I couldn't keep polish on for more than a day - okay, the latter hasn't really changed.
5. I was an absolute LOST fanatic. I've never really been a big TV person but I love LOST!!
6. I sleep talk, and do it really well. Once in the middle of the night I suddenly sprung upright in bed, pointed at the door and yelled "I can see you Mr-Asian-Man! You're behind the door, I can see you!!" I don't remember this of course, but it really freaked my husband out until he realised I was asleep!
7. I get excited really easily, and the more tired I am the easier it is for me to get hyped up. Think a full-grown woman having giggling fits at 2am while her husband looks on in wonder.
9. When I was five I really wanted to be a train-driver when I grew up. No Ballerinas here.
10. I can play the piano and nothing makes me happier than sitting down at one and playing for hours on end. Unfortunately I can't fit one in my house, but when I visit my parents I sometimes play it there and it's just... amazing.
11. I wish I had named my blog something else, as it turns out there's another blog called Nailed it.

Here are The Painted Pony's questions for me:

1) When and why did you start blogging?

I started in May 2012, but some of my posts were from April. Why? Four different things kind of triggered it. 1) My friend had recently bought some shatter O.P.I nail polish and I thought that was just the most amazing thing ever - so I bought some cheap stuff to try it out. 2) I found Agirlwithsomeclothes and thought it was cool - and didn't realise for ages that I actually knew the girl who owns it in real life! 3) One of my friends painted an angry birds design on her nails and that was just AMAZING. 4) I liked the nails I had done and wanted to take pictures of them so I could remember... but I also didn't want to spam my facebook friends homepages either - so, blog it was.

2) How many bottles of polish do you own?
Last count was about 120... possibly nearing 130.

3) What color do you have the most of in your collection?
Jeez, I'm not checking, they're organised by brand not colour! Probably red/pink.

4) What is your first memory of nail polish?
Ummm... probably thinking that one of my friends had the most amazing collection ever. She had about a million nail polishes (in my seven-year-old mind anyway) and with the coolest colours! I only realised recently when I was at her house that I'm actually the one with all the nail polish now :P

5) What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
My husband thinks it's great except when I do it at a bad time (and therefore am useless because I'm waiting for it to dry). My mum thinks it's smelly but cool, my sister loves it and my brother and dad think it's pretty neat. Most of my friends seem to think it's awesome but I think that some of them secretly think I'm crazy (they're probably right).

6) What are your hobbies other than blogging?
This one absorbs a lot of my time, to be honest. I study as well, and that takes up most of the rest of it. When I'm free though I like to be a bit of a granny and continue this massive cross-stitch I've been doing since 2009. I love art I love art I love art. Piano too. I like to go to the movies and out for tea. I'm not a huge fan of sport but don't mind skiing, ice skating, soccer and basketball.

7) What's your favorite nail polish color?
Anything glittery!! Even if they're a pain to get off.

8) What would be your dream polish?
Hmm... I don't really care about the colour, but if there was one that magically crept out to your cuticles without touching them and making them messy I WOULD BUY IT!

9) What is something you love, but everyone else hates?
The TV series LOST. And omg, last week I found a Justin Beiber song that I really like - does that count?

10) What trends do you love?
Nail trends or general trends? I'll do both.
I love cute floral summer dresses and any kind of nail art with feature nails. And floam nail polish! I think it's awesome! I want some so bad!

11) What trends do you hate? 
I hate when people wear tights as pants. Come on people. Gross. Unless you have a super-hot body you can't get away with it. I hate the duck nails trend. DIS-GUS-TING. 

Here are the new blogs I am tagging. They're all really cool so check 'em out! 
1. agirlwithsomeclothes 
2. bellecouturenails 
3. From L&P to English Tea
4. Nail Narcotics
5. Tips and Topcoat
6. Twinkle Tips
7. I scream for Ice Creme
8. Legally Nailed
9. Let there be Laquer
10. Missy's Manis
11. Clouds and Cuticle Oil

Those questions were good, so I'll leave them mostly the same.

1) When and why did you start blogging?
2) How many bottles of polish do you own?
3) What color do you have the most of in your collection?
4) What is your first memory of nail polish?
5) What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
6) What are your hobbies other than blogging?
7) What's your favorite nail polish color?
8) What would be your dream polish?
9) What is something you love, but everyone else hates?
10) What nail trends do you love?
11) What nail trends do you hate?


OKAY DONE! Jeez that took ages.
After seeing another nail blogger be brave and post a picture of her nails without any polish on, I decided I should too. So here they are. See the yellow-ness growing out? It freaks me out!! I wish I had always used base coats!



Preferred length: A little longer than this, but not too much. They hurt when you make a fist then, and it's easy to scratch yourself. Plus really long nails are scary.
Preferred shape: What I have - fairly rounded.
Favourite Base Coat: QVS Nail strengthener.
Favourite Top coat: Well, I have an LA Colors one so that one I guess.
Favourite cuticle oil and hand cream: I have a little bottle of cuticle oil, I think it's avon?? But I haven't tried anything else so can't really talk. Moisturiser... anything that dries fast. I use at the moment some seacret stuff but I wouldn't recommend it purely because I HATE THE WAY THEY SELL THEIR PRODUCTS! They just attack you. My husband/then boyfriend was a victim of them once (:P), that's how I ended up with this.
Favourite remover: Non acetone stuff. I have one by health basics.
How often do you do your nails: Every second day, on average.
Most wanted nail product: Really good brushes that don't screw up after a month.

Longest. Post. Ever.

Comments

  1. Haha! It totally is a chain letter...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your 120 bottles makes me feel a lot better about my 50 bottles. ;)
    Oh well, that still doesn't help my nail polish funds..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, three months ago I only had about 15 bottles... but most of them cost under $5. I wish fancy brands were that cheap!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥