Snowmen & Snowflakes

I've heard all about the horrible high temperatures in some parts of America recently, but it is FREEZING here! Our winter is technically June-July-August, but sometimes lasts a lot longer. And just to mix it up a bit more, last night a volcano erupted - Mount Tongariro. So fun times in New Zealand! 
I decided I needed to do a mani that matched the lack-of-warmth here, so I went hunting for some cool ideas. I found two cool designs that I put on my facebook page and asked what one people preferred.
The second one won, so here you go!


My snowflakes were more similar to the one in the first picture, as I liked them better. I also added some glitter polish to the smaller dots/snowflakes, although the picture below was taken before I did that.


This is the polish I used for the background - Revlon's Midnight Affair (791). I think it's just gorgeous, and just had to do a swatch for it. It's actually my sisters, but she may have forgotten I have it... I'm in trouble if she reads this!



Comments

  1. That is so sweet! It's been soooo hot and humid here in eastern Ontario. Especially with us moving this week it was deadly.
    I'm not a huge fan of winter either though ;oP
    I'll stick to fall and spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor you! I definitely agree with Spring and Autumn (that's what we call Fall) being the best months. No extremes = easier living.

      Delete
  2. this mani makes me think of christmas already, love it! i've nominated you for a liebster award on my blog, have a look for the details http://applysomepolish.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-award.html xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool thanks! I'll do a post about it sometime soon :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, your Snowman is gorgeous! :-) How interesting, I made the Snowman manicure in December (how strange reading that you made it in August, but you have winter in August..) and I had a very similar idea, my snowman is on my thumb finger nail and his hat is on my middle finger nail :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the different time zones make it strange sometimes! Sounds cute, I'll have to go check it out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥