Born Pretty Store review - glequins!

So I've seen heaps of awesome glequin nail art designs by nail artists such as The Nailasaurus and thought it was time to give it a go. Born Pretty Store sent me them for review, you can find the product here!
It turns out that I'm not the most amazing pure-glequin nail artist, so I decided to mix it up a bit in this first manicure.


I love it, to be honest! I think I'll try this kind of manicure more often - different nail art on each finger - what do you even call that?? As you can see, I made little glequin triangle/half moons on my ring fingers and thumbs - more pictures further down. 


1PC Hexagon Nail Art Glitter Dust Powder Noble Sheet Decoration- 14 colors

Here's more glequin nail art I've done - but this was a week or two ago and has already been posted under new years nails. There are many more glequins in this one, but I like the other one better. Everything in moderation, right?


For the pointer and pinky, I stamped on a houndstooth design from a BM-322, which you can see here. I've never done a houndstooth design before and I love it! The stamping worked really well, I'm still enjoying the stamping polishes I got from BPS a while back :D. In the background I sponged on a nude-to-purple gradient.

You'll have to excuse my cuticles by the way... they're a mess. I lost my cuticle oil a few weeks ago and it's yet to turn up. I'm moving house in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll find it then if not before! :(


The glitter polish on the middle finger is China Glaze's Glitter all the way.


More about glequins, or "Hexagon Nail Art Glitter Dust Powder Noble Sheet Decoration" as BPS store calls them. They're pretty easy to work with, really, you just stick them on with clear nail polish. I use an orange stick to manovere them. I'm still working on the best way to do it though, and haven't been patient enough to line them all up perfectly. I'd quite like to get more colours and cover an entire nail with them - it'd look awesome! They'd be pretty cool disco nails, or new years nails. Someone did something similar recently but I can't remember who... if it rings a bell, let me know in the comments.


Here's the little jar that the glequins come in! There's so many different colours too!


Hope you like this nail art and if you buy some glequins (or anything else from BPS) don't forget to put in the code CEL91 at checkout to get 10% off!



*This product was provided to me for honest review by Born Pretty Store.*

Comments

  1. Wow! I love this! I have a thing for glitter lately and this is just gorgeous!

    Lila
    http://lcg-esmalterapia.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I love it! It' simple and wacky an beautiful all at the same time! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥