Rainbow nails tutorial - on YouTube!

Oh my goodness, I've put my first tutorial on YouTube... scary! It's totally unprofessional and I'm kind of embarrassed... but hey, first time. It was really hard to get the shots because a) my camera doesn't have a screen that flips around so I can see and b) I don't have a tripod and had to balance the camera on a bunch of Sims 3 games with bluetak to put it on an angle!!


I'm going to borrow my mum's tripod for my next one. I'm thinking about music too, but I don't want to breach any copyrights... I wonder if I wrote to say, Brooke Fraser (or whoever manages her copyright stuff) and asked if I could use her music in the background it would be okay? That'd be so cool, and I'd like to play NZ music in the background instead of Lady Gaga or whatever.

Anyway, here's my first tutorial. I'm happy, it's got over 100 views already and I haven't even posted it on my blog (or anywhere else but facebook) yet!
I don't really expect my YouTube stuff to take off and am not even sure if I'll have the time to update regularly but I guess I'll just see how it goes.

Here's the tutorial! I love rainbow nail art :). I should probably add in that these are good for short nails as well. My nails are quite short at the moment and I'll probably keep them that way as it's a lot easier to do... everything!


Here are some more photos of the finished look :)




Let me know what you think of it and if you have any ideas for improvements, let me know!

Comments

  1. I think you did a wonderful job in the manicure and video! I love your heavy accent too :D I cannot wait to see more of your vid tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always slightly confused when people comment on my accent - I'm sure I don't have one and everyone else does!

      Delete
  2. Your first vid is great! It was clear and you could see everything. Do more.
    I film via my iPad purched on two sticks above my desk.... It looks weird but is secure and won't fall off but my viewers cannot see that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely will, I have a plan for next time too. Unfortunately my table is covered with pressed plants so I have no place to do it at the moment! That sounds good though! And it doesn't matter as long as it comes out okay!

      Delete
  3. I love these and your first video is great - love your accent too :) Definitly going to have to give rainbow nails a go - not sure how my right hand will turn out though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love this design too. Let me know if you try it out!

      Delete
  4. Me encanta tu blog, esta genial!
    http://decora-nails.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing !!! I can just about manage to do my left hand but can never perfect or near perfect my left hand. love all your art especially the candy floss one !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! It's taken a lot of practice to get my hands fairly even :)

      Delete
  6. Hello, Jessie! I'm Tanja, I'm you new follower from Italy :-) This rainbow is gorgeous! I continue exploring your blog and all your creations..
    When you'll have some time I'll be glad if you visit my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your lovely comments, Tanja! I like that you asked me to visit your blog in a polite, non-demanding way while showing that you've actually looked around my one :). I'm following you now too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥