Velvet nails (Flocking powder from BPS review)

I've been wanting to try out the velvet nails trend for ages now, so I chose it for my next Born Pretty Store review.  Here's now my nails turned out!


I also tried doing some stripes with them too. They weren't perfect, but still kind of cute! To apply the flocking powder you just paint two coats of polish on your nails, then drop a bunch of the powder on the wet second layer. Then you pat it down with the tweezery things that are supplied and then brush it off with the brush that also comes with it. There are heaps of YouTube tutorials for it :).


The base colour I used for the first manicure was "Kiss Me on my Tulips" by OPI. For the second one I used CR's "color 58" and Ozotic's "sugar 901". 

The photo below is of the next day, so you can see how it wears. Honestly, I thought it would be a lot worse. It would have stayed on much longer too, but I change my nail polish too much for that :P. I'd heard in another review that it wouldn't last very long but I found it quite the opposite! It was harder than normal nail polish to remove, but not as bad as glitter.


In the photo below you can see the tweezers, brush and flocking powder, which all came together. They cost about $8 US with free shipping so it's a pretty good deal really.


 It isn't a nail art trend that I'm completely in love with though. It's cute, and the fact that your nails feel all velvety and fluffy afterwards is super cool, but I like nail art too much to wear this regularly. But I can see why it'd be good for people who don't do nail art but still want to try something a little different. 
It'd be cool for a fancy dress party! OMG, like if you were dressing up as a bunny for Easter or something... cuuute!! There's a bunch of different colours too, by the way. I think I'll get a darker colour sometime, a green or red would be cool.


If you want to buy some flocking powder you can find it here. I have a 10% off code too that you can put in when you check out, it's CEL91.


Here's BPS's picture of this - click on it to go to the store!

*This polish was provided to me for honest review from Born Pretty Store*

Comments

  1. I am currently testing the velvet nails as well and so far I'm not really into them. :( Mine didn't last long and now they look like a mess actually.. But I like your eatern idea, it would be sooo cute with a bunny design hehe
    Greetings from Germany :x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely a trend that not everyone will love. I'm still glad I got it though, nice to have it there for when I want to use it :).

      Delete
  2. Your nails are like candy floss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try this for quite a while. In fact, I ordered some way back in November and still haven't received it yet. Did it take a long time for you to get yours? I ordered it from Born Pretty....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took aggges to get to me too - not as long as that though! I think it was about a month. Normally it takes two weeks but I know it takes a lot longer for some countries... The girl who won my giveaway didn't get her prize from BPS for about 5-6 weeks. I guess it's something you've got to decide when you're buying from them. I think it's still worth it as it's so cheap there, but if you want to use something straight away then it's probably pay more and buy it in a shop :).

      Delete
  4. By the way, I LOVE how this looks on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to pet your nails. Just pet them and rub against my face cuz they're fluffy. You know, in a not creepy way!

    They're cute! >.< Like a kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, no, totally not creepy! I think my dad made me touch his face, or maybe it was me that made him feel them... either way, not creepy, just awesome! :P

      Delete
  6. Cool... But that wouldn't last 5 min on me... My lifestyle - kids, cleaning will not handle that type of nail art... Shame it looks awesome! Wondering if it would work with "flowersoft" it's a craft product that works similar to flocking but it's coloured shaved foam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, nail art isn't something that lasts very long if you do lots with them! That's why mine often only last a day or two. Buuut then again I also pick at them and just take them off anyway :). Sounds like a good idea to do it with flowersoft! I'll have to look into it and try something out!

      Delete
  7. Oh my just clicked on the born pretty link...- free shipping! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I forgot to mention that - awesome eh?!

      Delete
  8. I really love velvet nails but too bad, they don't ever last more than 2 hours :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that sucks. Mine lasted quite a while, I think you need to pack them in really tightly around the edges and it helps :). Still not a long term design though.

      Delete
  9. I really need to try this new trend out :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥