Favourite nail art of 2012 + blogging resolutions!

I saw some other bloggers do their favourites of 2012 and thought it was a good idea, so here you go! I can't really show one design per month of the year though, as I only started Nailed it NZ in May. 
I'm still going to do 12 designs (in no particular order) and plan to do the same thing each year!

I should note that these are my personal favourites, not the most 'liked' or viewed or whatever. I'll say what I like about each one as I go through them :). You can click on the name of the nails to see the post about them!

I did these for one of the Take Two challenges, and loved them. They were inspired by an artwork and I was just really stoked that they worked out, and were definitely a step forward in becoming a better nail artist. I particularly like the water - the sponged-on gradient worked well!


These looked better in real life than in the photos, but I still like them! Again, it was a real step forward in learning how to do the more arty side of nail art. And hey, I loooove the movie Anastasia, how could I NOT pick these?



I love water-marbled nails and these turned out particularly well! The gold glitter really made it - it's China Glaze's "Blonde Bombshell."


I like these because they're very Kiwi, and I'm super proud to be a New Zealander! Plus I love marmite. The detail is far from perfect but I'm still stoked it's legible.


Sunflowers are one of my favourite flowers, so that's one of the reasons I like these! Plus floral nails are just awesome :)


These were my first nails to get popular, and the only ones so far to get really popular on Tumblr! Well, only ones that I've gotten the credit for anyway. Plus I just really like them - the waves are probably my favourite part.


These are my all-time favourites at the moment! I don't mean to sound stuck up, but I just like everything about them!


This was another one I loved because it was a step forward and taught me to push myself! It's a pattern I copied from another nail artist and had always though it would be too hard for me to do :)


Simple, but effective. These ones are great for more everyday wear and I love the colour combinations.


These were done aaages ago! Maybe July or August? I like them because they were a huge improvement on my last ones and because I loved having shoes on the end of my fingers!


A more simple Tribal design that has some awesome colours :).


I just think these are adorable! They weren't even that hard to do either, which was a bonus :)



My blogging goals for 2013 are:

  • Reach 150,000 pageviews (dreaming big here!).
  • Get better at painting on fine lines.
  • Take better care of my brushes!
  • Take more consistant photos - new light box, same hand position each time etc... just makes it more professional.
  • Review more NZ and Aussie polishes. I just like the closer to home stuff! 
  • Try out more Indie polishes - I barely have any :o
  • Be as original as I can.
  • YouTube YouTube YouTube!!
Is anyone else doing something like this? If so, you can link to your post (normally I don't like this, but it's related so all good!) and/or list your blogging goals about it in the comments!

Comments

  1. my favs are the sneakers and the pukekos. you got mad skills girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this a couple of days ago too ^^ here is the link to mine:
    http://love2807.blogspot.de/2012/12/my-best-of-2012-nailarts.html

    I like your nemo, dolphin and Pukeko nails the most! They are perfect! And the Anastacia one of course, also one of my fav movies!
    For 2013 I want to improve as an nail artist (cleaner works) and yeah I also should take better care of my brushes. I'd also love to join YT though I don't know if I have time for that plus I'm a noob when it comes to editing :/ Well, hopefully you will join YT

    HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 :x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, checking yours out now! Sounds like you have the same things to work on as me. I've found out I'm terrible at editing too, haha. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Marmite all the way for me !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss marmite :'( But yeah I quite like that one too :)

      Delete
  4. I love them all. Ill tell you now the Aussy brand of designer brands chips really fast and the Aussy brand chichi you get from farmers doesn't even out on the nail leaving brush strokes. Would love to hear your opinion on other Aussy brands... So far i don't like them.... NZ brands? What are those? Love to try. indie brands? Where would I get hold of those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good to know, thanks :). Ultra3 seems good so far! Hmm, I guess by NZ brands I mean brands that are easier to get here, or they resell them here. I'm not sure if there are any true NZ nail polish brands... yet (that's my goal - one day!).

      Delete
  5. I loved the Converse chucks nail art.I will love to give it a try.

    body painting

    ReplyDelete
  6. pukeko nail: i loveee!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥