I'm Training as a Nail Tech - Why?

In a perfect world I'd have a nice long, descriptive blog post to go along with this video, but I really just don't have the time at the moment. My life has gotten a lot busier since January and it's all I can do to keep the basics of social media up-to-date! It only just occurred to me that slowly my focus is becoming less on my blog, and more on my YouTube channel. I just really enjoy the filming! Of course I won't be dropping my blog any time soon, and there will always be things on here that won't make it to YouTube.

Anyway, choosing to train as a nail tech wasn't the obvious choice that you'd think. It took a long time and lots of thinking to decide to commit, and in this video I explain why. Hopefully it'll help others in the same position - even if it's for another career. I think it's so important to do what you love!



Comments

  1. I love this! I glad that you are doing what you love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jessie... You have had such a similar experience to me with the whole thing. Like seriously, our stories, they are sooo similar. I also did pretty well at school and everyone expected me to go on and do highly important uni career stuff and their reactions when I told them that I was going to become a nail tech was the same. That blank write-off, feigned interest or just trying to talk me out of it - I know how much that hurts and good on you for sticking through that and continuing to follow your dreams. xxxx It's such a difficult decision to make but I think you made the right one. Even if people in your real life don't always support you, don't forget that you have 2000ish people here that will always support you. :)

    Also, I love how the your screensaver is just endless pictures of your nails. :)

    xxDani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating, isn't it! Glad I'm not the only one. And technically more like 40,000 if you combine all my followers, so YAY! Love every one of them <3. Haha yeah my screensaver provides awesome inspiration when I'm doing people's nails.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥