Katy Perry Nail Art Tutorial | Inspired by "This Is How We Do"

I'm so excited to show you this nail art! I had so much fun doing it, but only released a sneak peek of two of the nails at the time of doing them. Now I can finally show you the whole thing! This nail art design was inspired by the music video for Katy Perry's song "This Is How We Do." It's such a fun clip, full of bright colours and crazy characters... including these little guys!



Here's the tutorial for them. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you're not already ☺.



Unsurpisingly, I used many a nail polish in this rather busy, colourful design...

Essie - Need a Vacation
Essie - Ballet Slippers
Essie - Tart Deco
Essie - After School Boy Blazer
Jordana - Sweet Orange
Jordana - Rich Green
Jordana Pop Art - Black Mark
Jordana Pop Art - Contemporary White
Jordana Pop Art - Express in Yellow
Nicole by OPI - Please Red-Cycle
OPI - You Don't Know Jacques!
Picture Polish - Fairy Flosee
Picture Polish - Tiffany
Revlon - Midnight
Sally Hansen - Himalayan Blue
Sinful Colors - Snow Me White

I've done some Katy Perry nail art before, by the way - you can check out "Roar" here.


There are about five other designs I could create from this one video - there are so many different themes! For now though, I'll try hunt down another popular, exciting music video to recreate. I've already done Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" - let me know what you'd recommend! (Also I find it a little awkward that the same week I publish Katy Perry and Taylor Swift tutorials, the gossip mags are full of some feud between them. Women huh?).


If you haven't seen the music video for Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do" you can watch it here.
Plus, if you want to see what she's like on a more personal level, check out this video - she's so funny and charismatic!


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥