Taylor Swift - Shake It Off | Nail Art Inspired by the Music Video!

Who else is completely obsessed with Taylor Swift's new song, Shake It Off? I have listened to it so many times, it's so addictive and upbeat! I can never be sad when it's playing, so a big thanks to Taylor for keeping me in a good mood these last couple of weeks ☺.

I figured such a good song needed some nail art to match! There are so many different scenes to gain inspiration from in the music video, so I had to narrow it down otherwise it'd look a little too crazy. I ended up choosing the cheerleading outfit, the ballerinas, the '80's breakdancer look and the name of the song as my nail art inspiration. Here's what I came up with!



Here's the tutorial for it - please subscribe to my channel if you're not already!



The nail polishes I used were:
Jordana Pop Art - Black Mark
Jordana Pop Art - Contemporary White
Jordana Pop Art - Express In Yellow
LA Colors Art Deco - Red
Nicole by OPI - Please Red-Cycle
Revlon - Indigo Night
Sinful Colors - Snow Me White



This was a lot of fun to film - I put Taylor Swift music on in the background and it was just a really happy, girly time. I've had a few rather irritating things happen in my personal life lately (#firstworldproblems) and this song came around just when I needed it. It's crazy how much music can affect your mood!


As you can see, on the index finger I painted a blue nail with three yellow stripes - this represented the cheer-leading skirt. The middle fingernail is the silhouette of a ballerina, the ring finger has a black and white striped half moon on a red nail, and the pinky was the TS logo from the cheer-leading top. The thumb nail was simply the words, "Shake It Off."


One last shot! Hope you guys have fallen in love with Shake It Off as much as I have - if not, get to it!


Here's the video if you haven't seen it yet.



The next video that'll be up on my channel is the Ice Bucket challenge - my mum and sister joined in too and it all ended up being quite hilarious. Keep an eye out for it here!
 ♥

Comments

  1. These nails are amazing and remind me so much of the song! I've been listening to it non-stop too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥