Tribal Nail Art In Blue, Green & Yellow


These took a long time! And considering I started off this nail-painting session thinking, "I don't want to do anything too complicated" it was a bit ironic. However, I was happy with the result and it was a chance to try out my new acrylic paints!

So, more tribal nails. Tribal print in general is one of my all-time favourite designs to do on my nails; I've done them several times before - here, here, here, here and here. These ones were inspired by the instagram user @danicaj who has some amazing nail art! Make sure sure you go subscibe to her - and me while you're at it - @naileditnz! The exact design I used for inspiration is here, but I changed the colours and had to make up the thumb nail as it wasn't present in her photo.



I blatantly like hers more... ah well.
And yes, I did this nail design on both hands! It was obviously harder and took longer, but worked out okay in my opinion. If I did this design again, I'd do it in pastels - I found this a bit too much.



As I mentioned in the intro, I used my new Reeves acrylic paint for these. It worked, but was a bit too thick which was a bit of a pain. I find it so hard to find thin acyrlic in pottles (is that a word? I'm making it a word) at cheap prices. Next time I think I'll go for nail polish and just do the outlining and extreme detail in acrylic.
Here's a snap of both hands!


 Quite a bit has been going on nail-wise lately!
Firstly, I finally got my own video camera - a huge thing for me! I even managed to get it at the quarter of the usual retail price, as it happened that one shop had almost half price off the camera I wanted. It's nothing too fancy - only cost me $250 NZ but I'm loving it already - mostly just because it's mine. For those who don't know, I have a YouTube channel as well, but have been using my mum's video camera for ages. Second awesome thing is that I scored an amazing 22" computer monitor for dirt cheap off my friend, Harriet! I am so appreciative of this, it's going to make a huge difference as my old one was tiny. Her blog is called Nailhilism - go subscribe to her!
Thirdly, I'm eying up lighting set-up stuff from Trade Me (NZ's ebay) and it's looking like I can buy some lighting stuff pretty cheaply! This'll really help with getting my videos looking more professional. I won't buy it until we move to our new house at the end of next month though - plus we'll have more money then.
Lastly, I have a big nail art competition running at the moment with $60 US worth of prizes. Click the picture below to enter!



Sorry about the random ramble - I'm the kind of person who just can't keep in her enthusiasm some days and today is ones of those days! Hope you like these tribal nails :).

Follow on Bloglovin

Facebook ♥ YouTube ♥ Tumblr

Comments