Christmas Elf Nail Art Tutorial | 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge

Today is day six of the 12 days of Christmas nail art challenge! The theme is "Santa's workshop and his list." As I did a list for the last challenge, I had to use the workshop theme instead. I had SO MUCH trouble deciding on what to do! I swear it's so much harder when you're doing a tutorial as well - normally I'd twist my hands all over the place but it's a lot harder when you have to keep them still for the camera. I was thinking of doing a conveyor belt with presents and elves all around but I just knew that would take roughly 17 million years so decided on just the one elf. The presents around it were kind of just an extra. Here's the picture I was inspired by and used to guide me while painting.



To be honest I didn't really like these. I don't know what it is - maybe because they got a bit crowded on the left hand or they just took sooo long, or maybe it's that I'm just over Christmas colors at the moment. I spent a good three hours filming and painting these only to remove them an hour later! They do have their charm, though - I like the elf.

It's kind of funny; I'm my own biggest critic and decide how good I think a design or YouTube video is. Like for this one, I don't really like the design but the video's okay as I have clear speech and lighting FINALLY (although I need to play around a bit more). But if I don't like either I'm not at all surprised when I get a couple of dislikes, in fact I'm completely befuddled as to why there are any likes on some/most of my videos at all! Take my first one, for example! However, if I've made up my mind that I like a certain video/design and it gets a dislike I'm like "pfft, you're just wrong," or write it off as being someone who's either mad that they couldn't pull it off or they don't like me in "real life." I guess I'm a little stubborn or opinionated or something ;). Rant over.

Here's the tutorial - please subscribe!






Nail polish used
Jordana - Soft White
Jordana Pop Art - Contemporary White
Jordana Pop Art - Express in Yellow
OPI - Green-wich Village
China Glaze - Red Satin
Revlon - Alluring Amber
Revlon - Electric
Revlon - Indigo Night
Maybelline Color Show - Audacious Asphalt
Maybelline Color Show - Keep up the Flame
LA Colors Art Deco - Bright Green
Kleancolor - Black
Sally Hansen - Without a Stitch


Here's the right hand! I think all the tutorials I've been doing is helping me get better at using my left hand for nail art. I actually prefer this hand, which is starting to happen more and more! Pity I still can barely write my name on paper with my left hand...


Lastly, here's a bit of a silly montage I put together of the first time I tried using my new ring light. It was extremely bright - and HOT!

Honestly, I had to take breaks from my design because I was boiling up and my eyes were getting bloodshot. I'm putting baking paper over the ring to dull it down a little bit, and a lovely kiwi from our NZ group on Facebook might find me some frosting stuff (I'm not really sure what it means but sounds helpful!). So hopefully it'll be easier on the eyes soon! 


If you want to check out my new set up I've got a wee picture of it here, but I'll be doing a proper video about it in the new year.

Enter your design for today here!


Comments

  1. I'm really struggling with today's challenge!! Think I'll have to sit this one out as inspiration just hasn't hit! :)
    I love your elf!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥