Santa's List Nail Art Tutorial | 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge


Today is the 10th here in New Zealand - day five of the 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge! Today's theme is "Inspired by a Christmas Carol/Song," and after a lot of thought (and humming way too many Christmas songs) I chose "Santa Claus is coming to town". In case you're not familiar with this song, click here to listen to it - Mariah Carey style.

I chose to portray these lyrics on my nails;
He's making a list 
He's checking it twice
Gonna find out who's naughty and nice

And here they are!


They're not my favourite of my Christmas nails, but they are a bit different, which is good. I like to mix things up every now and again and try something new - I get too comfortable doing the 'same old' and never get any better that way.

Here's the tutorial - as usual, please subscribe if you're not already! Heading on 2000 subscribers now, which is pretty awesome, so thanks to everyone who watches my videos and is subbed to me!






Here's a close up of each hand. It was SO hard to get photos! I got my husband to take the ones with both hands in, but even then it's a pain to line up your nails this way. I considered painting my thumbnail the 'normal' way, but twisting my thumb around like that was even harder. I don't understand how Laura from Polish All The Nails held this pose! Impressive.


Here's a more comfortable shot of each hand.


Nail polish used:
OPI - Creme of Crete
OPI - Green-wich Village
Maybelline Color Show - Porcelain Party
Maybelline Color Show - Keep Up The Flame
Maybelline Color Show - Audacious Asphalt
Kleancolor - Black


I hope you like my design for today! The theme for the 12th is "Santa's workshop and his list..."
OH DAMN IT JESSIE. Is is bad that I helped make this challenge but didn't realise that I could have/should have done today's nails on the 12th? Typical. Smh.

Oh well, at least the theme next time isn't JUST the list. That would have been far worse. So, Santa's workshop. I'm really looking forward to this one, actually. I think it'll be the most challenging one of them all.



Here's where you can enter your version of today's challenge! Remember you can check out everyone's designs here!














Comments

  1. lol, this is an original idea indeed, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love it! One of the funnest Christmas Carols! Sing it to my kids all the time just to remind them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a very nice interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love this so much!! Just stumbled upon your blog while looking for a Christmas challenge and wow you are amazingly talented! Keep at it lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥