Disney nail art #1 - Aladdin!


My friend Anjali over at From L&P to English Tea is taking part in a Disney blog challenge next month - at first I thought it was a Disney nail art challenge and was super excited! Unfortunately (for me) it's a more general blogger's thing - "What's your favourite villian" etc. Nevertheless  it reminded me that someone had requested Disney nails awhile ago and it prompted me to do them!
Here are my Aladdin nails!


Let's face it, Disney is a pretty cool theme for nail art, so I'm planning to do heaps more Disney nail art over the next month or two now! I'll probably branch into Pixar and others too, like with these Anastasia nails I did back in December.



I'm really happy with how these turned out! Want to know how I did it? 
First I looked at a bunch of Aladdin photos on the internet before deciding what I was going to do. I chose this picture of Jasmine and this picture of Aladdin to base my designs off. Jasmine worked out better, haha. I decided on a green background, but it would have been quite nice to have a red or tan background too, because of the desert setting of the movies. I used OPI's Green-Wich Village as my base colour, then sponged on a darker CR green. I painted on the branches with a dark green acrylic paint, and continued to use acrylic paint for the detail. For the characters I basically just outlined them in black and painted in the basic detail like hair and face shape, coloured them in and added the more intricate details. That makes it sounds easier than it was though! The genie lamp worked out pretty well, I think - I just had to have it in there as it's a huge part of Aladdin! I didn't do my other hand - I just painted it gold, and added in some gold polish on this hand to bring them together a bit more. Normally I like to challenge myself and do both hands... but in this case I thought they might turn out unrecognisable, plus it would take twice as long!


Here's my other hand!


What's your favourite Disney movie? Which one should I do next? I'm thinking about doing Beauty and the Beast, I love that one! 

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh Jessie! How do you even do this! I would love to be able to freehand like this.

    Is it weird I used to have the biggest crush on Aladdin? Still do...just kidding...not really. ha ha!

    I love them all, obviously hence the blog name but my favourites are Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm very happy with these :). Haha, I'm pretty sure that's normal, he was one of the most attractive of the Disney boys! Thanks for the ideas!

      Delete
  2. Seriously?! These.Are.Incredible!!
    Thanks for the challenge mention! It's gonna be awesome! You can totally do nails for the challenge though! It would be awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anjali! And no prob :). I might do the occasional one for the challenge!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! That is the only word that comes to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this nail art! *__* Aladdin is one of my fav Disney movies! Beauty and the Beast would be great for the next one, also my all time fav along with Lion King. hihi Can't wait to see that ^^
    btw the gold looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ideas! And yeah I love that gold :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, this are simply gorgeous! So absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥