Tribal Diva nail art, inspired by Robin Moses!

I'm completely in love with these. I can't express just how much I adore this design and how super stoked I am that I managed to pull it off! It's not my original design though, all credit goes to Robin Moses! I'm getting a little a lot addicted to her tutorials, they're so fun to watch and it's just magic. I used acrylic paint for these too, which I'm loving - much easier to work with! Unfortunately I just have the stuff that comes in tubes at the moment but I'm mixing it with water until it's really thin and that seems to be doing the job.



They did, however, take AGES. A good three hours. I was prepared for that though, I had a nice free afternoon and felt like something really special. I saw on a comment on YouTube that these only took Robin 45 minutes - wow! I guess she's done this sort of design a lot before though, plus didn't have to water down paints every 5 minutes ☺. I'll embed her tutorial a little further down.


Here's the design that inspired these! I stuck to the tutorial mostly, but changed a few colours, switched around fingers and made the nail with the gems very different. To be honest, I like my stud nail better :P.


I even managed to do it on both hands! I never want to take them off!


 Here's Robin Moses' tutorial:



I might do this design again some time, just to see how long it'll take now that I know what I'm doing. I'd love to be able to paint super fast like she does!

Left hand
Right hand

I hope you guys love these as much as I do! Sorry if I don't sound very modest, I'm just very proud of myself! ☺

Comments

  1. Love these! I like your version of the stud nail better too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, robinmoses always comes up with the most amazing designs <3 Yours is super pretty too! Love your twist to it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these are amazing! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jessie! You have the patience of a saint! I don't think I could even attempt one nail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your artwork is great - I don't know how you managed to do your 'off' hand! Spectacular interpretation and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Took lots of practice to be able to use my left hand - and steady surfaces to lean on!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥