I love my Aunt nails!

A lot of my nail art designs don't have a lot of meaning behind them, so I decided it was time for a change - here are my first appreciation nails!

My Auntie Lesley is one of the coolest people I know. She's non-judgmental, caring, honest, excitable and absolutely hilarious! She's one of a kind, and I feel feel honoured to have her as part of my family. Funny thing is, she lived in Germany for the first 21 years of my life, and I only saw her when she visited every five years or so. She used to ring us up quite a lot though, and I have fond memories of her calling me "pumpkin" and "sweets". I'm not one for pet names myself, but it suits her very well and made me feel special! 

The fact of the matter is despite her being approximately 17,736 km away from me for most of my life, I've always felt like I knew her. I'd ask her for advice if I was having trouble with something or someone, and she was always brilliant. For all her crazy hilarity, she's very wise.


Last year she moved to New Zealand! With my Uncle and cousins too, of course - who are also wonderful! Now she lives three doors down from my parents, and I see her fairly regularly. I worried initially that maybe it was a case of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder,' but nope, she's just as awesome in 'real life!' I know that she misses her friends back in Germany sometimes, but I'm really happy she's here, even if it's just for my own selfish reasons :P.



I got the idea for these nails from this greeting card from Zazzle. I thought it was really cute, so made them into two characters! The one holding the heart is me and the one with the crown is her. I was going to write her name on there somewhere but that would mean that no one could ever share it with their Aunty.

Here are a few photos of us! In the first one I'm just a little baby, in the second I must be about four and the latest one was a few months ago. It's not a very good one though and very small!



P.S - I have two other awesome Aunties as well! Just Lesley really stands out because I see her all the time :).

Comments

  1. one of the coolest nail art designs i have ever seen, love it <3
    great manicure, great post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! You have a really steady hand!

    You are so cute in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, these are adorable! I'm jealous that you can do such nice handwriting on your nails! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an amateur compared to some people though! Check out Tips and Topcoat and Robin Moses - they're amaaaazing! But thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful manicure! Great post! Your aunt is so lucky to have a niece that loves her so much... and if she likes nail art that is the double luck, she will always have perfect manicures made by you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not too much of a nail nut like me - I'm the odd one out in my family when it comes to arty stuff! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Haha - Jessie :-) Just as well you had the P.S. there re-your other 2 aunts.xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥