Nail foils review - such an cool effect!

This is the third review I've done for Born Pretty Store recently, and I have saved the best for last! These nails are done with nail foils, which you can find here. I chose three colours, #3, #10 and #21. I love the metallic look they give your nails - I'm so stocking up on them! You can use them just for highlighting parts of the nail art too, which is awesome. Robin Moses has done that in a couple of tutorials I've watched of hers.



I haven't done a tutorial for these, but I might make one on YouTube at some point. I needed one, I failed terribly at these to begin with! You can apply them just with nail polish, but it wasn't working for me so I gave up in annoyance. I was quite disappointed until I decided to give it another shot a few days later and realised that I was pressing them on on the wrong side... so embarrassing! You're meant to apply them on the non-patterned side, in case you're wondering ☺. Just put polish on, wait until it's half dry, press on a bit of foil and then rip it off. Pressing harder worked best, I found.


As always, you can buy these from Born Pretty Store for $2.99 each (free shipping, yay!). There's heaps in the rolls, I won't be running out any time soon. I cut all of mine up into little squares and put them in some mini drawers - it was a bit of a pain to put them back in the plastic jar they came in after using them. I'm so excited to try more things with these!

If you buy some, don't forget to use my Born Pretty discount code to get 10% off. I've got another giveaway coming from them too!


Hope you like today's nail art! I'm scheduling this post as I'm going away for a few days, it still feels weird not publishing it straight away!


Dazzling Starry Mixed Metals Nail Art Roll Foils Glitter Transfer Stickers Paper UV Deco


*This product was provided to me for honest review by Born Pretty Store.*

Comments

  1. Thanks for reviewing these BPS Foils - I've been wondering whether or not to get them! They look great!

    I wonder how they'd go with shellac... I think I would have to do the full shellac mani including top coat, then finish with foils and a normal top coat - not sure though.

    I'd be interested to hear from anyone if they've tried foil on shellac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fantastic! I've never tried shellac, but hopefully you'll find someone who knows!

      Delete
  2. Okay, so first of all, these are SO PRETTY. I also love your nail shape. I have to tell you a funny story real quick... I got some of these foils from BPS for review too, and I tried them last night and couldn't get them to work and couldn't for the life of me figure out why. So today I went to the listing for them on the Born Pretty website and read the instructions and was like, I DID ALL THAT RIGHT. Then I saw your picture on the item page, so I looked up your review to see if I was missing something... and I was. I was trying to apply the foil color-side-down, too. So... THANK YOU for this, I feel silly for doing it wrong but I'm glad I know how to do it right now and I'm super excited to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney! I love your nail art!
      I'm so glad I'm not the only one that made this mistake, haha. I spent a good day trying to figure it out, and I only worked it out by accident in the end! I haven't actually used these since I did these nails, but they're super easy to use once you've figured it out, I'll have to try them again! I'll keep an eye out for your ones!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥