Dotting Tools review (from Born Pretty Store)

I recently received some dotting tools to review from Born Pretty Store! I was wanting to replace my old set as a couple were missing - and to be honest, I love the colours of these ones! I think I'll donate the few remaining ones from my old set to a few of my friends who are interested in trying it out.


They play tricks on your eyes when you roll them, too. I was so excited when I realised this - sat there playing with them for a good two minutes, haha. Makes doing nail art even more fun! 
As you can see, there are five dotting tools with different sized balls at the end. Some are tiny and some a quite big, which means you can get the perfect sized dot! I decided to do a bunch of dotty circles in what I see as tribal colours. I did these a bit quickly so some of the dots went astray, but I'm still happy enough with them :).


If you're new to nail art and want to give it a try, there are two sets of tools you really need: nail art brushes and dotting tools. Both give you so much more precision. Obviously you need a lot of practise too, but things like dotting tools really open the nail art world to you. You can start with simple dots, then branch into cooler things like ladybug nails... and it's just doesn't stop!



If you want to buy some of these, they're $4.74 US with free shipping. If you use my Born Pretty Store discount code you'll get 10% off, too :). You can buy them here.

5x 2way DOTTING Pen Marbleizing Tool Nail Art Dot Paint


*This product was provided to me for honest review by Born Pretty Store.*

Comments

  1. I love the length of your nails!!!! More room to do your pretty art on!

    I have these exact dotting tools from Born Pretty and i LOVE them!!! They work great, and when they start to roll off the table, they're pretty to look at!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I've been waiting for them to break but they're just not! I'm thinking about cutting them, but at the same time I reaaaally want to know how long they'll get before breaking! And awesome that we have the same dotting tools, I love 'em :).

      Delete
  2. Dotting tools are the best!!!! My must-have tool, so versatile and fun. I love your dot spirals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and great if you're just starting out with nail art! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Cute manicure! :-) I have the same set from Born Pretty Store and I agree, these dotting tools are so interesting to look at when they start to roll off...! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the manicure!! The dots are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watched a you tube demo of these the other day but your wonderful dotty nail design sealed the deal and I've just ordered them. Can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥