Ladybird nails - times two!

Interesting -when writing the name of this post I googled "ladybug versus ladybird" and found out that ladybug is an American term and ladybird is a UK one. I had no idea! I guess that means here in New Zealand we should call it ladybird, as we use UK english.

Anyway, I have two ladybird designs to show you today! One's the fairly standard ladybird nail art and the other is a bit special. I'll show you the special one first! It was done on a friend/client of mine, Kathy, who I also did these "I love wine" nails on.


I really like how these nails turned out, I'll have to do them on myself one day! As you can see, we put the ladybirds on leaves and grass and painted little white daisies on her thumbs.





 

Next we have some basic ladybird nail art that I did on myself. I recently started work at a daycare and thought that the kids would love them, and they did! I'm doing bumblebees for them tomorrow.



I actually did these about 24 hours ago now, but I had to re-take photos as there was no sun when I did them and the photos looked terrible! This meant that I forgot to check over my nails for imperfections - that little hangnail on my index finger is bugging me!

I just found this post - I tried ladybird nails back when I first started nail art and there's quite a difference!


For those of you following my employment story, as I said earlier I'm now working with children! I ended up not getting the health store one, which actually works out in a way as I would have had a hard time choosing between them. And it would have left no time at all for blogging, which I really enjoy!
So, all going to plan I will spend this year working and saving (I may try get another casual job to get more money) and then I'll do a nail technician course next year. From there, who knows? :)

On a side note, I re-read this post and I swear it sounds like I'm talking to a child. I apologise if I sound condescending, I've been talking to three-year-olds about their boo-boos and why it's important to share all day!

Comments

  1. I call those little guys "GET AWAY FROM ME!". Really like the more detailed one. It's a different take :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, how can you not like them?! Thanks, I love them too :)

      Delete
  2. wowsers! I love your ladyBUG nails ~ here in Aus we call them ladyBUGS :) I love the tiny ones hiding in the grass and your big fun ones are awesome! looking forward to seeing the bumblebee ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I still call them both :). Thanks! Eek, just realised I must have the picture of the bumblebee ones floating around somewhere! Thanks for reminding me!

      Delete
  3. Both are really cute, but the first one is a little bit better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aahhhhh I love them both, they're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! I recently moved from the UK to Holland and got the weirdest looks when I called these cuties Ladybirds! I love your recreation and I think the flower thumbnails set it off perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange, the names are so similar you'd think people wouldn't notice! Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. I love both designs but I absolutely adore the first one, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the first set, sooo adorable! Very well done. Second set are so cute!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are super cute, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and design :)

    Happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ladybird or ladybug is one of my favourite little animals, I've done it a couple of times :-) Both versions of your ladybird are beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're adorable, aren't they? Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥