Army/camouflage nails - sponged on

These are such manly nails... I LOVE them! It's weird, some nails I'll love and others hate, while some I hate and others think are amazing. It's so weird, different tastes. Anyway, these were fun and original. I painted them at my parent's bach, which is always where my most original ideas come from as there is no internet, computer or cellphone signal there!

They weren't really meant to 'be' anything, but once they were finished I decided they were camo nails. Just the right colours, I guess. And I did a tutorial for them!



Right, so first I painted my nails white and put a coat of Apple-tini Fizz by Revlon over the top. No wait, two coats, I think.


Next I dabbed some nail polish on the corner of a sponge and dabbed it all over the nail, but making sure the green underneath still showed through in parts.


Then I did the same thing with another colour.


And again...


Oh, and shock horror, again!


You end up with some pretty messy fingers... so it's clean up time.


Some cotton buds and a little brush dipped in remover later, they're now looking like this.
I was going to leave them like this, too. But my brush is getting a bit bristly and made quite big gaps around my cuticles, plus the white was showing which annoyed me. My right hand was a lot worse too.


So, with my black Jordana striper polish (love that thing!) I carefully went around the edge to make a pretty sweet black border. Honestly, I'm proud of it, let me enjoy my moment.


And done! Manly nails rock!


I think I'll do a female version of these sometime too - pink, purple and yellow with a white border, maybe?

I'm in such a good mood. Me and my sister are painting a mural on my dad's work's wall, and 8 hours straight of painting is just so... me! I'm exhausted, but it's a good exhausted! And my friend came over and I painted my nails again. Art+people+nails = happy me :).

Comments

  1. Female ones would look awesome, Sometime the best ideas fall out of sky when you've got nothing to give you ideas!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll do them soon :). And I agree! And you can be properly proud of them as no one else has influenced them!

      Delete
  2. I love 'just-going-with-the-flow-but-turn-out-to-be-awesome' nails! And these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's a good name for them :P. Totally, they're my favourite kind of nails, and thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love how they look! And I never thought to do an outline like you did. What a fantastic idea when clean up goes a bit awry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm so glad I did it, the right hand was looking pretty embarrassing. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥