Guest post from A Girl with some Clothes - matching nails and outfit!

This is the very first guest post on Nailed it NZ! And considering who's doing it, it's quite fitting. 
I found the blog"A girl with some clothes" about seven months ago, and thought it was awesome - especially the nails! I saved it in my favourites and checked it out every few days. It wasn't until several weeks later that I realised that I actually knew the girl who owned it her in real life! Yeah, I felt a bit dumb there... 
So, let me introduce Hannah from A girl with some clothes, who was one of the main reasons I started my own blog :)

I'm never quite sure what to write/photograph for "guest posts"
I want to have something that caters to and fits with the style of the blog I'm guest posting on... But I also want something that will be a reflection of my passion and my blog...

Because I love and respect Nailed It NZ I wanted a really cool manicure that would make Jessie proud
and as my blog initially started as a fashion outfit-of-the-day blog I wanted something that fitted with that...
Thus was born, my Matching Manicure...


This manicure is inspired by my new pants and shoes (you lot are the first to see them!)



The thumb is designed to match my shoes, I used a Revlon Powder Puff (a Matte white) as my base coat, and various colours to draw the stripes and cross design,
The ring finger is matching to my stripey singlet, for this I used Art Deco Nail Art in Black and White (they're super thin brushes that Jessie sometimes talks about)
and the remaining fingers are based on my green cords, I actually made this green by mixing a pale khaki colour with a dark green, I then used a tooth-pick to scrape of stripes on the first layer, and then added another layer of green over-top, so if you look closely you can see the texture of the nail matches the texture of my cords. 

and now for...
The clothing...



I am wearing my new Green Cords from my all time favourite shop Max, my new shoes are super funky pattern and super cheap price from K-Mart, my Stripy singlet is from Max, my comfy, yet stylish black jumper is French Connection (you can't really see but it actually has a sparkly trim...), and My New necklace (that's actually a vintage-y pocket watch) is from a market place in Foxton, New Zealand.

I hope you've enjoyed reading a snippet of my style, and I look forward to seeing some of Jessie's other guest bloggers!

Thanks heaps to Hannah for being a guest poster on Nailed it NZ! Check out her blog for heaps of awesome fashion and nail art ideas. Doooo it :)

Comments

  1. Awesome! thanks for your support in the blogging community... and I am SO looking forward to the 31 day nail art challenge: Take Two "inspired by an outfit"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute!!! I love the rainbow stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guest post! It's such a cute mani to match the outfit! I wish I was that organised! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think I've ever done this but it's an awesome idea!

      Delete
  4. I think so too, and yup I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥