Rasta nails are so hard to do! + get a Born Pretty Store Coupon :)

I spend sooo long doing these. They were hard. REALLY hard. I think I set the bar too high, having Tips and Topcat's Bob Marley nails as part of my inspiration...
I don't love them, I don't hate them. They were an experience. I used acrylic paint for the face of Haile Selassie I - okay, it didn't really work. I've always sucked at drawing life-like faces!! I painted it quickly on paper first and that turned out much better, but nails are hard :/.

A facebook follower requested these and to be honest, before I did these I knew very little about Rastas. Turns out the Rastafari movement is so interesting!! I'm pretty keen to study up about Africa now. I know a lot of European history and have a pretty broad knowledge of some of the bigger worldwide events in history... but not much to do with Africa!


Anyway, so here they are.



This is what they looked like before I added on the black. Quite cool just like this! I could have just left them like this but no, that would be way too sane for me.



As you can see, I didn't do the same thing on both hands - screw drawing that face with my left hand! So I used BM-320 and stamped on those peace signs.


Also, who shops at Born Pretty Store
They're awesome, right?
Next time you shop, I would love it if you used my coupon when you check out! If more than 10 people use it they'll sponsor a giveaway on my blog!


Comments

  1. These look great!! And oooo!! Might have to check out the website!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's amazing and I'll love you forever if you use my coupon!! haha

      Delete
  2. so cool!
    -saranail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so awesome! I love the peace signs!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too... and they didn't take nearly as long!

      Delete
  4. I think you did a great job painting his face. I know that is hard to do!

    I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wicked job!! Good Girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again!

    I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! Congratulations!
    Please see for yourself here!
    http://addictedtoopi-yum.blogspot.com/2012/10/better-know-versatile-blogger-award-time.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, I haven't got one of those yet! Thanks! I'll check it out now and do mine sometime soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥