Horse nail art

I'm not going to pretend that I love horses. I think they're very big, strong and very majestic... but not for me. I like my cat :). However, I know many "horsey people" and when someone asked me to do horse nails I was quite happy to. I feel a bit bad too, this is the first time I've done horse nails on myself and my sister's a major horse nut! Bad sister right here!

I was a bit nervous doing these, and thought about how I was going to do them for a long time! I'm pretty happy with the end result though. They're certainly not perfect or anything, but I'm okay with that. I'm still experimenting with what looks good on nails, and I see doing nail art like this as good practice, and a bit of a challenge. 


I didn't do a tutorial for this, but I have a photo of the nails before I painted on the horses and horseshoes, so I'll explain how I did that bit.



See? It looks a lot like a gradient, and it was a similar technique. I painted my nails blue first, then grabbed a make up sponge and dabbed some white nail polish on the corner. I then carefully and lightly dabbed it around the top of the nail - the idea was to make clouds in the sky. I quite liked the way they turned out, but the photo isn't very good, sorry! 

Here's another photo of my fingers!


And this is a picture I'm planning to put on my Tumblr soon. I thought I'd add it on here as well, since it has the photo of the horse on my thumb. It's a bit too blurry to bother putting a photo up of it by itself. Having serious camera issues...


I still have three other designs I haven't put online yet! I'll try do one a day for the next few days. I actually have my own version of "camouflage" nails at the moment, which I like a lot!

Comments

  1. This is a super cute mani Jessie !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these turned out amazing! Your horses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole :)I'd prefer them to be more of an orange-brown but I didn't have one, so this had to do.

      Delete
  3. You did a great job with these! The horses look superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Super well done, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this mani! so different! horses are perfect, so I guess you draw really well... hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love horses, so I think this is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, that's good! I hoped horse-lovers would like it!

      Delete
  7. omg, this is unbelievable, love it *.*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your horses look amazing, this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥