Halloween Cupcakes and matching nails!

I really think I outdid myself this time. Not so much on the nails, but on the fact that they matched the cupcakes my friends and I made! Caution: Photo overload. And for the first time ever I'm actually going to post pictures of me, just because well... these are just too cool.
Disclaimer: The cupcakes actually look pretty crap compared to the ones you find all over the internet, but for a first attempt I'm super happy!

Here are the cupcakes we made...


...and here are the nails that I made to match! As you can see, they're not exactly the same, but I'm pretty happy with them. Except for the brain. That just failed miserably...


We made a semi-plan of how the cupcakes should look before and what colours we'd need. I happened to actually have a bunch of food colourings in the cupboard, which was awesome! All we had to buy was more icing sugar and the biscuits (for the grave).


Here's some photos of our cupcake adventure! 
I'm in the black, my friend Lucy is the one in red and the blondie is Nicole :).





Here's the finished product! They were sooo much fun to make! And as Halloween nails were on my list I decided it was a good excuse to do them a couple of weeks early.



More photos... and more...


I particularly like these two!



 So that was what I did today! It was so much fun! If anyone does something similar I'd love to see!

Comments

  1. So cute! I love how you planned it all out!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, sometimes I plan out my more complicated nail designs on paper first too :P

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!! COOL! Very very awesome, Jessie!! I like the eyeball one!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! That eyeball looks delicious. You made me want to eat an eyeball wearing eyeball nails! So cool!

    Thanks for sharing, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great! Cupcakes look yummy and nails match perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very Awesome!! Love the mani and the cupcakes look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ghost! He is a cutie!!! I also love the photos of the nails and cake together!!! On our blog we post pictures of our nail designs/ cakes we've made but we have NEVER thought to put those together!! Very excited for this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow cool! I'll check out your blog now! Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Wow the eyeballs look real creepy and cool! The cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little ghosts face, looks like someone just stole his cupcake! lol! The eyeball trio in the last pic is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't even notice that until you commented! Awesome :P Thanks heaps!

      Delete
  9. cool post, love both the nails and cookies :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!! I really love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I actually like the brain!!... Not gonna lie though, I didn't realise it was a brain until I read it; I just thought it was a pretty subtle pattern :-)
    xxxxx

    http://segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't blame you. I doesn't look very brain-like at first glance! ...or second, or third.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥