Flowers everywhere!

Today my hubby brought me home flowers from work, and I just loved the colours! 
So, now they're on my nails. My camera didn't pick up the pink very well - it looks purple in the photo which is a bit annoying.
Oh, and YAY! 5000 views today! And half of those just in the last month! That facebook page that stole my photo really helped me out in the end!


I took a heap of photos of these, as a) I really like them and b) I kept trying different locations to get the pink to show up properly. To no avail, sadly.


So I have heaps of different photos and I'll try describe how I did it.



My flowers were wrapped in black paper, so I started off with a black background. I put a coat of clear over the top, to help prevent the smearing of the polish when I did the final top coat. Next I used a small, flat brush and made... oh jeez, this is too hard to explain without pictures. I might do something like this again sometime soon and do a tutorial then. Because it's not that hard, really. Just lots of little splotches.


Another photo of my flowers! I don't know what they are, actually, but Chris says they started with A. So if anyone knows, help a girl out :)



This isn't a terribly interesting post, writing-wise. I'm a bit distracted; I have a presentation to give next week and am busy mentally preparing myself for social suicide. I SUCK at public speaking. Mostly because I speak really fast, and even faster when I'm nervous. So this should be interesting.


 I'm going to keep these on for a few days, I think. They're cute!
You may have noticed that my nails are shorter - it's great! I can use the keyboard properly again! This is definitely my preferred length, not too long and not too short. 
Anyone seen that lady with super long nails on youtube? Click here to see a video. She has ridiculously long nails! Good for her if she can handle it, but it would drive me up the wall! It's quite impressive that they're in good condition though.

I'm hungry. Time to EAT!

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I totally understand the whole being distracted thing! When I was reading your blog I actually read it fast in my head! :P You are going to do well don't worry!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha awesome, I do that too. I hate when someone reads over my shoulder because they always take sooo long. And thanks, I hope I do!

      Delete
  2. Very sweet :) Are they anemones? I think that's what they are.
    And goodness her nails are scary >_<
    -Del xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's it! My mum came over just after I'd written the post and said they were anemones. And yep, they look dangerous!

      Delete
  3. I love this! Usually I tend to stay away from having flowers on my fingertips, but this is one I know I won't mind! It tooooo gorgeous! And you did such a great job, they looked like nail prints! :D Love the nail length too, I too prefer to keep them around that length :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm the opposite, if it wasn't boring I'd just always have either flowers or leopard print one my nails lol. I love these too though :). And yeah, it's way more practical having them at a normal length.

      Delete
  4. this is so amazing mani! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nail art is awesome! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, the colours are amazing!
    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my thats soooo beautiful! i love how you captured the bouquet's pretty colors on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm going to start doing this every time he buys me flowers!

      Delete
  8. Wooooah, this is gorgeous! The colors are beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sooo amazingly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flowers are gorgeous, and your manicure is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥