Pacman nails!!

YAY!!! Finally back from holiday, and have a bunch of new nail designs to show off - these, dolphins, tartan, marbling and more stripes and zig-zags. That sounds bad - I actually studied a whole lot, too! These pacman ones are probably my new all-time favourites. They took ages but it was totally worth it!! I had seen heaps of pacman nails painted with the pacman on the thumb and four ghosts on the fingers, but I wanted to be a bit different. So when I decided to paint the actual maze AND them I thought I was being quite unique. Unfortunately when I returned home to the internet (beautiful, beautiful internet) I quickly found out I am definitely not the only one doing it. But that's okay, I'm still loving the way they turned out!



I took photos along the way too, so here's a little tutorial.
I started off painting my nails black (after a base coat!). I used a MIKI one - but the bottle is getting very low now as they're so small! I didn't really need a photo of that, so here's the next stage: I painted on the blue pacman maze with my striper brush. I mixed two different blues for this - both CR ones, if you want to know the names just ask.


Next I put a few dabs of paint for the ghosts and pacman. I had to mix 3/4 of the ghosts colours to get it right so this was more painful than it looks!


To finish off, I using a little dotting tool-like polish for the white dots and an actual dotting tool for the eyes. I actually went back and hour later and touched them up a bit, the eyes were all a bit scary before. I used a black striper brush to 'open' pacman's mouth and make the bottom of the ghosts more whispy or whatever.

Left hand

Right hand

Annnd ta-da!!


 I'll probably be posting every day until I'm up-to-date with my designs, so watch this space :)

Comments

  1. These.Are.AMAZING!! WOW JESSIE! The detail!! Brilliant! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Haha I just went nuts, just wait until you see the dolphins...

      Delete
  2. These might just be my favourite nails EVER. They're SO AMAZING. So much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay, thanks!! I loved them too, I must do them again some time!

      Delete
  3. love this! i've always wanted to try it, but it looked so difficult! great tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that they took aggges! And thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥