Loving the flowers right now...

I forgot how much I enjoyed painting flowers on my nails, so I went for the same theme again today! These are a lot simpler than my anemones, but I think they're quite cute. 

The background colour is one my sister left behind when she came for a visit yesterday. She was picking up a polish that she had lent me ages ago, and while she got that back she forgot about the three that I had taken out to look at. Oops... but isn't it such a gorgeous, subtle colour!


These were easy and quick to paint - I think they took about half an hour all up, maybe less. The only real problem I had was my striper polish getting a bit stringy and leaving little lines in places - time to add some thinner, I think!

I considered adding some green leaves as well, but I didn't want to over-do it, plus my last flowers were quite detailed and it was time for a change. I actually did pretty much the same design a few months ago, when I had just started nail art. These ones look a lot nicer though, to be honest. I didn't know how to clean up my cuticles at that stage and my nails were so short! I feel like I'm looking back on something I did 10 years ago when I see them!



Here's my left hand - not quite the same as the right and I accidentally drew a massive daisy on my thumb, but I think it turned out okay :).


 I had a lovely surprise today! I won a framed print from one of my favourite artists, Hugh Walker! He's an amazing artist - I only dream about being that good! This is the print I'll be getting, I'm so excited!
I also ordered a few new nail polishes, but as they're coming from overseas and I chose the cheapest shipping option it'll be weeks and weeks until I get them... but still, something to look forward to!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥