My first Fish tail (braided) nails

I don't like how these nails are called 'fish tails'. I guess that's just the name of the basic plait, but it's so yuck-sounding! I prefer braided or plaited - easily recognisable and sound fine. 
This is such a beautiful pattern! I've seen them around for awhile but thought they looked quite complicated so decided to wait to try them. But they're actually okay! You don't even need any special brushes or anything, it's great!


I found this tutorial for it on youtube, which was very helpful because at first I kept getting confused about which side to paint next. It turns out it's just like doing a plait in real life!
These are the polishes I used for it:
China Glaze Purr-fect Plum 
 Revlon - Golden Charm
China Glaze Call of the Wild. 

I'm not 100% happy with how these turned out - the lines vary a bit in width and I prefer my designs to be quite regular. I know how to fix it for next time though, so I'm not too bothered. And they still look pretty cool!


Yesterday I got my three next China Glaze polishes I ordered! I'm about to put swatches of them on my swatches page, so keep an eye out for that. Here's some sneak peek photos of them!




Aren't they pretty?
Hope you like them, I'm going to get on to those swatches posts now :)

Comments

  1. Amazing colours - and I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the colours too, especially the plum!

      Delete
  2. Love the color combo and you did an awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute look!! I really want to try this nail art!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job for your first time! My first time was a disaster :P Great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this nail design!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, this looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so cute! I really like the color combo. I'm going to have to try and see if I can master this type of design it's really neat. And I LOVE your new china glaze yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out pretty nice eh? I love the colours too, and yeah Sunshine pop is so cool!

      Delete
  8. I like braided better too - you've started the trend, if I ever do this (looks super complicated) I will call it braided!! I love the color combo, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be awesome if you called it that! It's not as hard as it looks, either - the kind of nail art I love best haha.

      Delete
  9. I love it! They look fantastic, I am a little apprehensive to try this one but you've done it really well!

    I noticed you over at my blog, thanks for following & welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julz, I hope you try it out!
      You're welcome, and thanks back!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful colours and this is REALLY well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome! i really wanna try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I need to do a tutorial for this, as it's really quite easy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥