Born Pretty Store review - stamping polishes

Born Pretty Store is an online store that I have bought nail art products off about 10 times now. It's just so cheap and awesome and cheap! I've done a review for them before but I recently received some more of their products to do another review on. I chose five stamping polishes, which you can find here. 
The official name for this is "5 Specialize Nail Art Polish Image Stamp Varnish Paint," which is a bit of a mouthful so I'm just going to call them stamping polishes.

Here's the mani I ended up with!


I have got to say that I was really impressed with these stamping polishes. I'm really not a very talented stamper - I tend to just stick to hand-painted designs, as normally my stamps end up looking very average. I tend to just get frustrated as I try to make the stamp opaque enough by trying 50 million different polishes. These are my first nail polishes that were specficially designed with stamping in mind and jeez, you can tell the difference!



I don't know if it's a slightly different formula, or it's thicker or what, but it was just a lot easier than normal! At first I had a problem with it drying too fast and not applying the whole stamp properly. But it was weird - half an hour, maybe an hour later I tried again after re-painting some of my nails and it was fine! Maybe it was because of the weather cooling down or something, I don't know. Either way, it worked!


In the picture above you can see what I used for the stamping part of it - that's a bundle monster plate there, by the way. I'm not sure what one it was, but if you want to know that or the polishes used just ask.


 Here's me prepping my nails for my cute little puzzle piece design! I looove this one. I've done it once before, here. I like it better this time though, as the colours contrast so well!




So that's my review for Born Pretty Store

Here are some key links:
Born Pretty Store
Five Stamping polishes

If you buy something, put in the code CEL91 when you're checking out to get 10% off your order! If more than 10 people use it, BPS will host a giveaway on my blog.


I also have an affiliate account with them, if you click the picture below I'll get a small portion of what you spend there for referring you. So uh, love you all! :P

Born Pretty Nail Art
5 Specialize Nail Art Polish Image Stamp Varnish Paint

Comments

  1. Impressive, and I love the design you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute!! I love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Love the colors that you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi :) I really love this!!!! Could you please let me know what plate that is, it looks spectacuar! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessie,
    I'm freaking out! Decided to buy myself some Born Pretty products, and they arrived today so I got all excited, but the stamping is an absolute disaster! Not their fault of course, but rather no matter how many video tutorials I watch, I can't make it work. My problem is that when I use the scraper to get the 'excess polish' off, it takes it all off, and when I press the stamper not a morsel of polish goes onto it! Am I supposed to wait for a while before using the scraper, to let it dry a bit? Am I scraping too hard? Did you have similar problems?
    Heeelp!
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help but wonder if you're doing the same thing I did when I first tried stamping; it's going to sound stupid, but have you peeled the plastic layer/film off the plate? I had the exact same problem until I did that. Other people with similar problems have used a nail file to roughen the stamper, that might help too. Also you don't need to wait before pressing the stamp down, and it's very difficult to scrape too hard. I'm curious as to what this is - let me know if it was just the film! I have stamping-related issues too, mostly the fact that all of my plates are too small for my fingernails, which is why I rarely stamp.

      Delete
  6. Haha... ha...
    No, that's definitely not it...

    (thank you. omg i'm so stupid :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad it's not just me that did that!! Haha :P.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥