Guest post from Nicole Gets Nailed - Zig-Zags!

I just have to add in that OMG I LOVE THESE! Okay, here's the guest post:

Hiya everyone!!  It’s Nicole from Nicole gets Nailed here and I’m super excited to be Jessie’s guest poster for the day!  When Jessie suggested zig zags for our blog swap mani, I was a little hesitant, I haven’t tried this technique yet - straight lines intimidate the perfectionist in me.  Luckily Jessie put together an awesome tutorial which can be found on my blog here, so I was set!  Plus I’ve just nubbified my nails so it fits in perfect with Jessie’s nail art for nubbins she’s been doing lately. (I love that name for it! -Jess).

As I mentioned, straight lines intimidate me - I enjoy recreating things on my nails, and freehand 99.9% of my art, but straight lines don’t usually make an appearance - unless I use striping tape!  Using striping tape to create zig zags would take forever so I couldn’t use that to get super straight lines.  Next, I thought using those special scissors that cut zig zags and painters tape would work - not with cheap scissors and tape from Wally World it wouldn’t - and how would I line everything up and get multiple lines without draining my Seche Vite?  None of that panned out, so freehand it was and thank the stars that Jessie sent me her guest post WITH the tutorial before I attempted my zig zags!!!

Those of you that know me, know I love neon polishes - I’ve even appointed myself the President of the NSBWAYC (Neon Should be Worn All Year Club - our motto is Go Bright or Go Home), I love them so much!  I know it’s raining out and it gets dark at 4:00, but I’m defying the weather for as long as I can with my brightly neonified nails!  I’m pretty happy with how this turned out and I totally followed Jessie’s advice to not worry about my lines going wonky - I will definitely be practising this technique in the future!!






I hope you’ve enjoyed my takeover of Jessie’s lovely blog - if you’re missing her too much, head on over to Nicole gets Nailed to see her beautifully bright zig zag nails and awesome tutorial and tips!

Holla, N

Thank you Nicole! I love these nails so much and I think I may have to try them myself sometime! And thanks for using my tutorial!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Jessie, I had your post scheduled to go tomorrow but will post it now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I guess we forgot about different time zones! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. These are adorable! I love the bright colors/b&w contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polka dots contrasting with the zigzags. Very cute! (And now I have yet another blog to follow, hehehe. Guest posting rocks.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just stunning! And yay, thanks! I love guest posting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥