Nail art for short nails #7 - Tribal nails


This is the third time I've done tribal nails, the other two designs are HERE and *cringe* HERE. I think I like the last ones I did better than these, but I'm still pretty happy with them. Because it's November aka tutorial time, I also did a tutorial for them. So uh , here it is.


Like the background? Haha I was like screw this, *line line line line line.* At least it fits with the theme a bit. 




I chose quite warm, earthy colours - I figured that was semi tribal-ish. I don't know. I think I'm going to google tribal patterns one day and try something completely different, just for fun.


Check out my new plan for instagram! Instagram is chronic for people stealing photos and claiming them as your own, so I figured that whenever I take a photo of my nails for it, I'll do something like this. It's not exactly fancy, but it saves my blood from boiling when I find someone's stolen my pics.


My friend brought around three of her polishes the other day - FANCY ONES! When I first started this blog I was a big believer that all nail polishes are the same. I quickly realised I was completely wrong. HOWEVER, many polishes are still wildly out of my poor-student price range, and I have NEVER bought an OPI, China Glaze or Revlon from a shop at full price. I think the most I've spent on a polish in a shop is $5. Anyway, so I don't have any Butter Londons (cost $30+ in Farmers) and definitely no Chanels (which are probably like 6 trillion dollars). BUT I GOT TO SWATCH THEM!


This is Branwen's Feather. Weird name, right? It's pretty cool, and more purple than the photo makes it appear. It needed two-three coats, which I thought was okay. The lid's kind of weird. You have to take off the big black lid to get to the actual lid, if that makes sense. It looked just plain brown with the first coat but after the second coat the purple showed.


This one is The Black Knight. It's gorgeous!! One of my favourite glitters ever! It only needed two coats, although it was a bit thick and gluggy so that would have made it more opaque. 


And this is Blue Satin by Chanel. It's cool, only needed one-two coats which is my ideal. It's a beautiful midnight blue shimmer, it's just lovely.

These three were my first experiences with these brands, and although I did like all of the polishes, they weren't anything too ground-shaking. Just nail polish. I guess when it comes to Chanel and that you are well aware that you are paying for the brand, not the polish. The only one I'd be tempted to buy (if there was a sale) is The Black Knight.

Only five more days until Take Two starts! I haven't prepared anything... I'm going to be busy!

Comments

  1. Fantastic tutorial - once you break it up into the little bits it is really not that complicated - I will have to try this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's just one bit at a time! Thanks, hope you do!

      Delete
  2. I must try these nails! I've got quite a few butter LONDON's, but I've got them all online and the most I have spent on each one is $20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, that's a bit better than in Farmers at least :)

      Delete
  3. I'll admit - all tribal nails just look like easter eggs to me.

    But I love the swatches you did! I've got "The Black Knight" too and it's always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's what everyone's saying on facebook :P. It's gorgeous eh? I'm not the biggest glitter fan in the world but I do like this one!

      Delete
  4. Love this tribal mani and great tutorial !! Love the Chanel Blue Satin too but I never really want to picked it up though (picky with Chanels because of the price) .. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same, I wouldn't get this colour if I was going to buy one. I'd probably get a pastel, they're my favourites!

      Delete
  5. This definitely reminds me of a tipi! Really cute manicure :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tutorial and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great tutorial, thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't prepared for take two either! I've been so busy w/school. And I've been sleeping a lot lately too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got one day prepared - the cartoon one on the 5th, as I'll be travelling that whole day!

      Delete
  10. I like Branwen's Feather very much! And again one beautiful tribal manicure! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥