Nail art for short nails #5 - Striped nails

Finally managed to get another tutorial done - the photos for it have been sitting in my photos folder for ages! I haven't even been that busy... I'm looking forward to my tutorial month being over, to be honest. I really want to do some really crazy, detailed nail art, but I'm dedicating my time to these things! Stripes are fun and all, but too quick. Yes, I'm obsessed, and loving it ;).


If you're looking for a Christmas tree nail art tutorial, I have two; HERE and HERE.

As you can see, I did two examples of these nails. One's good as Christmas nail art, the other as everyday nail art. Because every day is a nail art day in Jessie-land.


So yeah, here's some photos of them - the middle finger in these ones is a bit screwed up unfortunately. I normally make that the tutorial finger but it just wasn't working for me, so I made the ring finger the star this time.




Random fact: I have been getting so many more likes on my facebook page! Like, one every 5 minutes, I swear! I've gotten like, 200 in the last two days! I'm not complaining or anything, it's great! I just don't know where the heck they're coming from. Maybe Tumblr? I just put a like box on there a little while ago. Weirdddd. But awesome. OR hold up, it could be these tutorials. They've been pretty popular. And I do say to search Nailed it NZ on facebook. Curious...
Now I'm thinking about who reads this. My page views have gone up too, but whenever I write a post I kind of write it to the nail people I interact with most. But there must be more.... wow, crazy, cool thought. It's like my fingers are getting their 15 minutes of fame!


My stash is growing! But now I feel like it's small. A week or so ago I was invited to join this NZ nail polish addicts group of, well, girl in NZ who love nail polish. Not in a "oh yeah, I like to paint my nails" way but an "OMG MUST HAVE ALL THE POLISH" way. They understand me! Haha. But most of them have upwards of 500 polishes, some over 1000!! I only have 188. I counted today, that's why I know and why my nail polish box is so tidy lol. We're doing this polish elf thing for Christmas which I am TOTALLY amped for, and I needed to make a list of all my polishes to avoid getting double ups. That took forever, but it's done now!


This is what I had on my nails today! Isn't it pretttty? It's Golden Charm by Revlon withhh... let me just check... Ginger Ale by Savvy over the top. So freaking pretty!


Okay, just read over this post and it's kind of weird. Well, a lot weird. But I think we should all embrace our weirdness! It'd be so boring if we were all the same!

Hmm. Maybe it's the sun. It's finally come out and I just experienced the first hot day since March!


Comments

  1. love your stripes with christmas tree, love the first version too :D
    that gold manicure looks awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love this post! I feel like I'm sitting across from you at lunch & you're telling me about all the awesome wonderful things that are going on in your life right now! I love it :D

    Congrats on the influx of likers! That is fantastic & you definitely deserve the attention & accolades :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was! Haha thanks :D
      And thanks, it's crazy but super cool!

      Delete
  3. I love your christmas stripes look. I've been searching around youtube to find a good striping tutorial and yours hit the spot. Lovely job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I join this New Zealand nail polish group? I currently have only 128 though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me an email (see the contact me tab) with your full name or however I can find you on facebook and I'll add you, then add you to the group :) Yay more kiwis!

      Delete
  5. Great nails. I love the Christmas theme sooo much :D

    Aree
    http://areewithumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the striped nail art... This is cool, I've been looking for designs to do on short nails. I have a friend who is a recovering nail biter and I do manis on her every week to help her quit. She's still got pretty short nails... This will be in my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to stop a nail biter! As a rule I hate long nails, but I hate trying to do nail art on short nails more haha. So long nails it is! Although mine are short atm :(

      Delete
  7. MUST HAVE ALL THE POLISH. Love that! LOL.
    I was the same way about my collection, too. I hit 200 and was like, "Wow, you're doing good." Then I saw other people's collections and got polish envy. A year later and I'm 17 polishes shy of 1000. It's an addiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's just sooo addictive, isn't it? Non-nail addicts just don't understand! And wow, 1000, that's impressive!

      Delete
  8. I think all your nails look gorgeous!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the christmas stripes! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color pairing on the first one is really brilliant, well played!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ I'm so excited that you know who I am!! Nail Nerd was one of the first nail art blogs I found and you're my inspiration! :D And thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥