Take Two day 13: Inspired by an artwork

Day Thirteen
Inspired by an artwork

I decided to stick with the New Zealand theme that I've been using a lot for some of my recent nails. I chose a painting by Jo May for this, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out! The birds are Pukekos, by the way. They're a native New Zealand bird.


I used lots of colours and don't have them here with me, but if you want to know what ones, just ask. Lots of Jordanas if I remember correctly. I'll explain how I did some of it a little further down in this post.

Image found here: http://buykiwimade.co.nz/product.php?id_product=80010
If you've done today's challenge, add it here:





Here's the base colour - this beautiful neon blue from Kleoncolor. It came in a pack of six minis. It's kind of weird though - it only needed one coat which is AMAZING, but it (and the other colours I've tried from this pack) are quite thick, and I think will go gluggy easy. I've got my thinner, which will help, but it's quite unusual to have brand new nail polish with this consistency. Maybe it was old stock.


I'm kind of lazy/pedantic with my gradients. I always screw them up the normal way, so I like to sponge on each colour seperately. It gives me more control and it's just easier. I like how it works out though, and it's great for this sort of thing.


I love that I didn't screw this up. 



So those are my Pukeko nails! More New Zealand nail art, jeez, I've been so patriotic lately! 


The script for today's link up is:

<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<script type="text/javascript">
                document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src=http://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=220574&' + new Date().getTime() + '"><\/script>');</script>
<!-- end InLinkz script -->

Comments

  1. these are so pretty! the gradient is an awesome touch and the colors and design are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Gradients are great at making a manicure look that little bit better :)

      Delete
  2. These are incredible, Jessie!!!
    I miss Pukekos! Probably a little too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pukekos are awesome! Especially the cute baby ones in that electricity ad.

      Delete
  3. love,love, LOVE these! amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are friggin' awesome! Hope you're feeling better today & that everything went swimmingly :)

    You never cease to amaze me with your new & great ideas for nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julz :) I'm feeling better but not better enough, I wish I'd hurry up and heal!

      Delete
  5. These are so gorgeous! You did such an amazing job on these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was real happy that I didn't mess them up!

      Delete
  6. Ugh, so jealous of your skills!! So cool, love the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have a lot of time on my hands atm lol :P Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Amazing!! Such an awesome manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. unbelievable, so well done, really amazing *.*

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it love it! unfortunately too difficoult for me now to reproduce. got tips on how acheive so neat lines? please post them at my place too so every noob can learn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just reply here for now because it won't be long but at some point I'll post some video tutorials and you can share them :).
      A mixture of practice and good tools, really. Your brushes can't be frayed, make sure both hands/arms are leaning on something so you don't shake as much... stuff like that.

      Delete
  10. I think this is a piece of art! :-) Beautiful inspiration and beautiful manicure! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥