Take Two day 26: Watermarbled

Day Twenty-Six
Watermarbled

I started out planning to watermarble, but it just wasn't working for me. I think it might be because I'm not used to doing it in summer - every other time I've done it it's been winter and I just haven't seemed to be able to figure out the best way to do it in summer! I'll work on it and  will get it right eventually though, and will do a new tutorial when I do!

I decided on a new technique for watermarbling - I just dipped my nail in without creating a design, no matter how much the polish had or hadn't spread! I think dip-dyed nails would be a good name for this, or tye-dyed. Either way, despite my initial failing I quite liked the end result!


I can't remember all the names of these polishes, but I know that the pink OPI is Kiss me on my tulips, the blue was an Essie polish and the white a CR. If anyone's interested in what exact colours they are I'll stop being lazy and go search my collection.


If you've done today's challenge, add it here:






Weirdest watermarbling ever! Haha. I liked my black and white ones from day seven (or whatever it was) much better. But hey, I like trying out new things and seeing what I can come up with... sometimes it's a hit, sometimes a miss, sometimes somewhere inbetween!


I'm planning on doing a big blog makeover soon, possibly including changing watermarks too. Some kid on instagram is trying to convince me to stop using watermarks altogether because it "looks bad," and it takes all I have in me not to rage at her! If every person who had stolen, altered and basically illegally used my work had credited me, I would most likely not have to work. That's the difference watermarking makes. I learnt my lesson early on, and it's one I'm never going back on. I love nail art, and I love that other people love my nail art, but that does NOT mean that it's public property to be claimed as other people's. I'm sure all you other bloggers know what I mean :)
Rant over.


Also, yay, it's boxing day! I'm going to play with my new camera and practice tutorial-making. Then I'm going to my friend's house for a BBQ which should be heaps of fun!

The script for today's link up is:
<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<script type="text/javascript">
                document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src=http://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=223433&' + new Date().getTime() + '"><\/script>');</script>
<!-- end InLinkz script -->




Comments

  1. I love how the ring finger turned out! Very pretty colour combination. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was kind of a pleasant screw up, lol. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I always love your nail art >.<
    I ever tried to make water marbles nail art, but it was fail :|

    merry Christmas dear ^^
    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, my first one was terrible! Keep trying, and thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥