Take Two day 18: Inspired by a song

Day Eighteen
Inspired by a song

In one of my classes last semester we compared Madonna's "Material Girl" music video to Marilyn Monroe's "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" one. It's kind of awesome, Madonna copied the general theme and colours of Marilyn's... so you could really call these nails "Marilyn Monroe nails", "Madonna nails", "Material girl nails" OR "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" nails! 


Here's the music video for "Diamonds are a girl's best friend." It's from myspace - wooah! Didn't know it still existed!

If you've done today's challenge, add it here:


It's odd, people seem to either hate or love Marilyn Monroe. I think she was just a beautiful, talented and somewhat tragic girl who got a bit lost. It'd suck to be famous, good luck to all the celebrities out there. You have to have your head screwed on pretty well to keep your sanity!


I love these nails though, I've never really tried using diamantes (is that what they're called?) on my nails like this before but I like it. So shiny!
We've found a house to live in for next year :D It's a mess at the moment but the owner's doing it up and I think it'll end up awesome. So exciting!

The script for today's link up is:

<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<script type="text/javascript">
                document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src=http://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=220580&' + new Date().getTime() + '"><\/script>');</script>
<!-- end InLinkz script -->

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous! Very channelling-Marilyn.

    Let me know how you find the diamantes as the day goes on. I love the way they look but by the end of the day, I just about want to rip them off because they always catch on things and drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! To be honest this was one of my "crazy days" when I was up in Auckland preparing for surgery... I took them off straight away and did the next design! But from other experiences I've found that if you have enough top coat on they'll hold for as long as you like, and aren't to bad with catching.

      Delete
  2. Lovely but how could people hate Marilyn?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I guess there's more the dislike for the idolisation of her... if that makes sense.

      Delete
  3. i love it theyre so cute, really something i would wear myselff x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I love that song and these nails fit the video perfectly! What pink is that? It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure of the exact name, but it's from a mini Kleoncolour neons collection - there are some fantastic colours in there!

      Delete
  5. Ooooh they are fantastic and match so well :) What is the pink, it is beautiful... xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥