Take Two day 15: Inspired by a book

Day Fifteen
Inspired by a book

I grew up having heaps of books around me, so it took me a while to decided what to do for these nails. Annnd when I did them, I didn't like them, so I chose something completely different and did them again. So, introducing my Scarface Claw nails. Whenever I see them I keep hearing "Scarface Claw, the toughest Tom in town" in my head. Scarface Claw is part of the Hairy Maclary series for those who don't know, which are very popular children's books by Lynley Dodd.


His face ended up looking a little/completely weird. Oh well.

Source: http://www.bookworld.com.au/book/scarface-claw/25994237/
If you've done today's challenge, add it here:






I guess I like these nails. I didn't have them on long enough to really appreciate them due to the whole being is hospital blah blah blah thing, but hopefully things will be back to normal soon and I have have painted nails on for at LEAST a couple of days and on both hands.


The writing was a bit of a challenge. I almost ran out of room but just managed to squeeze it in.



Not much writing here, but it'll have to do! Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does!


The script for today's link up is:

<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<script type="text/javascript">
               document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src=http://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=220576&' + new Date().getTime() + '"><\/script>');</script>
<!-- end InLinkz script -->

Comments

  1. whoahhh~ you did a wonderful job here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an awesome scarface claw! We love all the hairy maclary books in the house :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is incredible! Wow, just Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's diary. Hercules Morse, as big as a horse. Bottomley Potts, all covered in spots.

    Yep, there's my childhood just flooding right back to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here! Part of every kiwi kid's childhood I think :)

      Delete
  5. awesome !!! i <3 Scarface Claw and all the Hairy Maclairy books. Genius idea xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥