Take Two Day 2 - Flag nails!

Day Two
Flag nails


The theme for Take Two today is flag nails! I've already done the New Zealand flag, the Union Jack, and had the US flag on with nail foils on, and I didn't want to repeat any of those. So I went with a country that means a lot to me - Vietnam! 



I went to Vietnam for a school trip when I was 17, and I loved it! We spent three wonderful weeks travelling the country in a bus and seeing an incredible new culture in a country that is simply beautiful. Maybe I was just naive at the time, but I didn't think it'd be that gorgeous!



I guess any information I had ever heard about it was in History class, about the Vietnam war. I sort of pictured it as this war-ravaged country full of trenches and dirt - clearly not so! Obviously we mostly saw the tourist's side of it, but it still astounded me. Don't get me wrong, New Zealand is a beautiful country as well, it's just a different kind of beauty.

If you've done today's Take Two Challenge, add it here!









Everything was so different there! Just look at these power lines - and I saw much worse than this, too!


Here's an oldMobil station. We have (had? not sure if it's still there) Mobil back in NZ and it was so strange seeing the same brand looking like this!


I guess these were the slums. I can't even imagine living there... we're so protected here in New Zealand. So interesting though, I'd love to talk to the people who live in these kinds of places some day!


The streets were FULL of mopeds. Very few cars though, it was so not what I was used to!


So there you have a touch of my Vietnam experience! I still have some things I bought over there hanging on my wall and tucked away in my drawers. Going to Vietnam made me really want to see the other cultures -  ones that are really different to our own. Aussie is generally the place to go here as it's so close - I've never been there though. While I'd like to go, from what I've heard it's just the same as New Zealand, but hotter and bigger. I'd love to go to China, India or any other Asian country, really. They're amazing! (No offence Australians, you seen cool too!)


The link for today's link up is:

<!-- start InLinkz script --> <script type="text/javascript"> document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src=http://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=217071&' + new Date().getTime() + '"><\/script>');</script> <!-- end InLinkz script -->
In case you missed it - the place where you can link up has been moved to before the jump-break. This way you can add yourself from my main page instead of scrolling to the bottom of each entry.

Comments

  1. Is it bad that my first thought was DragonBalls? I can't believe you got the stars so uniform too, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I never watched that program so I never thought of it like that! And thanks, they ended up alright!

      Delete
  2. Wow your nails look fantastic!!! Great stars :) I haven't been to Vietnam but would love to go one day. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Nice work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design!
    I've been to Vietnam a few years ago and also was astonished by it! Such a unique culture! I've travelled across the country and all the things around were so surprising for me...I wish I had my camera back then, the photos could have been amazing) And now I want to visit some other Asian countries, this world is really interesting.
    P.S. Are you living in New Zealand now?? Please, check one of my recent posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, awesome! It's such a cool place. It's amazing what else is out there when you go looking for it. Check your post and emailed you :)

      Delete
  5. These look great! Do you have a trick for how to freehand stars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hmmm kind of. I kind of make a stick figure without the head, then slowly filled them in bit by bit. And I painted over a bits with red to make them look more regular. :)

      Delete
  6. I love these nails, the stars look great! I've always wanted to visit Vietnam, it's on my list of destinations for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should, it's the coolest country ever :D

      Delete
  7. I love the simplicity of these, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Though I'd go for something easier for this one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please do not leave your blog link in the comments section - I have a page where you can add it - check out the "Share your blog" tab. I'm afraid can't reply to every comment, but I'll try my best to reply to questions! ♥